SWP------Dejong-----Barry----Johnson

----------------Ireland----------------

--------------Adebayor----------------

What we will probably get :

----------------Given-----------------

Richards---Toure----Lescott-----Bridge

-----Dejong-----Barry----Kompany----

----Johnson-----Adebayor---RSC------

He likes three holding midfield players and 2 big players up front so its hard to see him starting with anything else...

Dhenry said:
Wrighty Wrexham said:
Tevez out :(

Any news on Kompany?

I'm sure I remember him being saved with precisely this match in mind.. would expect him to be starting, personally. To be fair, with the squad we have available, I'd be slightly tempted to try the 4-2-3-1 tactic that hurt them badly at Anfield last season..

--------------Given
Richards - Toure - Lescott - Bridge
--------- De Jong - Kompany
SWP -------- Ireland ----- Johnson
-------------Santa Cruz

It's a decent system but Toure must go, to be replaced by Kompany, for me. And Barry in midfield in that slot.

I'd be happy with that, or with Ade up front

Matt Diablo said:
fuk petrov, but great assist from Ade on tuesday...
i dont know why adebayor and tevez can not play together whats all that about cause liverpool is not that good
also whats happened with tevez thought he was due back on wednesday
P.S. MANCINI OUT dont understand the guy 1 little bit with formations tactics etc dont think he is up to the job should be gone by summer

Gerrard and Kuyt would have Lescott on toast if the money-grabber starts. Yes, Dirk Kuyt. His movement is too good for Joleon who'd just follow him everywhere and leave a load of space for Gerrard.

Wrighty Wrexham said:
feedthegoat said:
Knee injury, out for a month per ssn.

How did he do that? He only came on as sub against Stoke for the last few minutes!!
I'm beginning to think the 'sickies' are a bit like where I work - people are taking it in turns to go off. It's unbelievable how many of our players are out at any one time or are never fully fit because they are always returning from injury.

whats happened to tevez we miss the guy so much just look at out last 2 performances shocking
why cant adebayor and s cruz play together but having watched the stoke game there was just no communication with them both also is it me but we seem to have lost our zip in the play
we have gone from an entertaining team to a very average side
whats going on MANCINI OUT for me in the summer

danburge82 said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
To be fair, when RSC is fit he does a good job on his own up front. Much more reliable than Ade and does what you expect of a lone front man (holds the ball up, wins ehaders, getins in goal scoring positions, doesn't run out and stay out on the wing etc)

Agree that RSC is more effective - when fit - as a lone striker than Adebayor! when Ade's been up there I've not been overly impressed! not bad but not great, Roque was great against Sunderland!

I trust Adebayor a hell of a lot more than i do Santa Cruz in front of goal but Santa Cruz's hold up play is better, Ade needs the ball to his feet or chest else he's not really interested... the amount of times we'll play a long ball with willing runners either side of Ade and he'll take a step back hoping the defender misses his header so he can chest it. Whereas from what we've seen so far Roque will attempt to win the flicks.

Never tried to criticise Ade or anything, I think that position is not his, that's all. He doesn't like to play alone, gets isolated and works hard to get into play by leaving his central position - Santa Cruz, more natural in that role, stays in the middle and makes himself available there, as that role requires.

Anyway, it was an idea nothing else, I'm sure we'll end up with a midfield 3 of de Jong - Ireland - Barry tomorrow with Ade , Santa Cruz and Bellamy/Johnson/SWP up front. Just hoping, as people have said here, that Kompany gets the place besides Lescott in centre defense - they've been flawless in their recent performances.

kippaxblue76 said:
Posted this in the other thread but it seems to have got lost amongst all the hysteria.

Bellamy training today and in the squad for Sunday, Petrov out for four weeks, Tevez out.
i say we play bellers where tevez would normally play. johnson on the left with swp on the right. lets go all guns blazing

I have a horrible feeling that we'll be without Kompany, Bridge & Bellers as weel as Tevez & Petrov.
Even worse, I think Bobby will play the same team as against Stoke repalcing Vieira with Zab

SWP & Ireland on the bench.

I hope i'm wrong, but dont feel too confident about sunday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.