Squad Numbers - 2020/21

It's interesting that Aké and Torres weren't given numbers immediately because it delays the club being able to start selling shirts with their names on the back.

The only reason I can think of for this is that they both want to see who leaves. Maybe Aké is eyeing up Stones' number and Torres might fancy Zinchenko's 11.

The fact that Aké didn't just take 4 implies to me that Laporte might be considering it...

I read somewhere that Torres has already requested it.

I can't think of a dafter thing for a new signing, than to give him the number of a just-departed club legend.

Just setting yourself up for unfavourable comparisons, surely ?

I feel everyone should give 21 a miss for a couple of years ?

I can't think of a dafter thing for a new signing, than to give him the number of a just-departed club legend.

I agree. Nobody took Vinnie's #4 right after he left either.

Torres should settle for a low profile number like #15 or #18 this year.

Unless said club legend was his hero and he backs himself.

There we go! #21 for Torres, inheriting it from David Silva, and #6 for Aké- the number once worn by Colin Bell and most recently by Fernando.

No. 23 was retired in honour of the late Marc-Vivien Foe, was it not? A good reason for retiring a jersey.

Silva is not dead, I hope....

Yaya was the answer to life, the universe and everything.

If Foden switches to 21 then he’ll be ‘the new David Silva’, not the new Phil Foden. Stick with 47 lad and make it your number, you can wear the 10 for England.

I’d actually see if Ederson wants the no.1 jersey then give 21 to the backup goalie, just to take the pressure off wearing what has become an iconic number.

It’s like wearing the no. 8, players seem to take a dip in form if they change to it.
Thought they may have retired 21

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.