Squad rebuilding ongoing

Just sign Sancho and Koulibaly. Throw whatever money and incentives it takes at them, their agents and clubs. No fucking about. That would pretty much guarantee us our title back next season. No-one else needed with the squad we already have.

Why won't they, they've got a far younger squad than we have, are far fitter and are working as a unit, much more consistently than we can manage. I'd say they've overtaken us by a distance this season.
That's a bit of a statistical anomaly because the majority of their squad (14) is 27-30 and in their peak years. They've only got 5 players who are 26 and under; Robertson, Kiera, Origi, Gomez and Trent.

We have (15) who are 26 and under;
Ederson, Laporte, Stones, Garcia, Mendy, Zinchenko, Angelino, Adaradiayo?, Cancelo, Rodri, Foden, Sterling, Sane, Bernardo, Jesus. We only have (4) Walker, Gundogan, De Bruyne and Mahrez in their peak years of 27-30.

The overall age statistic is skewed by Bravo, Carson, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Silva and Aguero - none of whom will be here by the end of next season. Liverpool only have Milner and Adrian over 30.

Give over.

We need to stop being bellends in the easily winnable games like Norwich away and stop making daft mistakes all over the gaff and we'll be sweet.

this

Some shambles of games this season that we should have won regardless of who was playing - Norwich away, rags twice and wolves twice. Should have battered all of them and would be 15 points better off. Newcastle away another one. Spurs at home as well, down to shite finishing

I would rather us give our young players opportunities. Our success has been the stuff of dreams but I would be happier to bring through Doyle, Foden, Garcia, Braaf and Harwood-Bellis than to spend another 60m here and there, even if it means not winning the league. 44 years of my life winning nothing didn't stop me loving the club, from the bottom of my holey socks to the top of my baldy head! I bloody love Ezzy's talk of an absolutely elite academy feeding through a regular drip of youth to augment a truly elite 14.

this

Some shambles of games this season that we should have won regardless of who was playing - Norwich away, rags twice and wolves twice. Should have battered all of them and would be 15 points better off. Newcastle away another one. Spurs at home as well, down to shite finishing

Add Spurs away to that list. I was at that match and, believe it, we were all over them for 3/4 of it.

Why ? We need to improve by about 15 points. A fit Laporte and 2 or 3 good signings should improve us by 15 points. Liverpool won’t repeat a 100 point season next year. We’ll challenge next year for sure.

My wish list
Buy
2 new left backs, at least 1 centre back, a speedy left winger and a D/midfielder please.
Sell
Zinchencho, Mendy, Stones, Otamendi, Sane, Gundogan.

this

Nutshelled it there mate.

We basically threw the title away and didn't give the dippers enough to worry about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.