Squad shape/formations

I think we are in great danger of over complicating what is a very bog standard Premier League.

We have the players to put out a strong 442 and beat teams man yet we seem to not know our strongest 11.

For me the biggest disappointment was coming into a new season yet again and not knowing out starting team, even the bleeding rags have managed to find a settle side and that was after the Moyes and LVG debacle.

Forget the Tunnel City get the starting 11 nailed down !
yep everton were dire tonight, was like a wasted man that extra centre back. Really struggle to see the merits of it.

Too early to judge. With 3 at the back we've controlled games and kept opposition to very few chances. However we don't click going forward. I think Pep will get the balance right mind.

It doesn't have to be 352 to have raiding fullbacks. We did it with Zabba and Clichy and 2 cb at our best. Walker and Mendy interchanging with Sane and Sterling as they attack and defend together would be better. That allows for a dm and an attacking cm. With a number 10 and an out and out striker. Worked for us before, won us the league before with a weaker squad than we have now.

After mendy is in the playing we can judge if we should bin it completely or not but With the kind of talent we do have in the squad 4-3-3 will be much better

Ederson
walker
kompany
otem
mendy

Sterling on the right wing,and Sane or Dave on the left
Bernado and debruyne in front of dino/toure/danilo
and one of aguero or jesus leading the line

For some reason Danilo is sat on the bench and Sane is playing left wing-back. I think this tactical decision truly shows that pep is still not fully understanding the prem. He clearly thought that as we were at home to Everton, lets play Sane as it gives us more going forward. Imo if he wanted that, why not play 4-3-3 OR actually play our full-back cover at full-back. All that 3-5-2 meant for us in the first half was that Otamendi became our 'play-maker' and Everton still scored!

Keep if it's.....
........................Ederson...........................
..........Stones/Otta.....Kompany.....Danilo.......
Walker.............................................Mendy
.....................Fernandinho.........................
...............De Bryne........Silva.....................
.......................Bernando..........................
.....................Aguero/Jesus.......................

Otherwise I just don't think it works :-/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.