SSD Not Recognized - Help Request

I've just had a thought, when you cloned the hard drive were you using ide mode? If so wouldn't it still be expecting that when it boots? Change it back and try, you can change after the fact in the registery.

Correct. Well, I tried to, that's where the error message came in.

No

Thats the problem. You have to format it or better do a clean erase of the ssd drive put it back in the laptop and then install windows either by disc or from a usb drive. Once you put a formatted or clean erase ssd drive into a windows laptop/pc you should get options to install windows.

Thats the problem. You have to format it or better do a clean erase of the ssd drive put it back in the laptop and then install windows either by disc or from a usb drive. Once you put a formatted or clean erase ssd drive into a windows laptop/pc you should get options to install windows.
As I understood it he cloned the original disk and then just swapped them.

As I understood it he cloned the original disk and then just swapped them.

Correct.

Ive thought about just trying this to save the hassle. I downloaded Windows 10 iso but when I tried to download WIndows 7 it asked me for the product key then was told that I couldn't because the manufacturer didn't allow it and that if there was a problem to contact them to reinstall it. I just hope that if I do this with windows 10 it will take the product key.

I've just had a thought, when you cloned the hard drive were you using ide mode? If so wouldn't it still be expecting that when it boots? Change it back and try, you can change after the fact in the registery.

I hadn't checked and really have not idea what IDE mode is but im pretty sure that when i first went into BIOS when the cloned SSD failed on boot up that it was already in AHCI mode.

Correct.

Ive thought about just trying this to save the hassle. I downloaded Windows 10 iso but when I tried to download WIndows 7 it asked me for the product key then was told that I couldn't because the manufacturer didn't allow it and that if there was a problem to contact them to reinstall it. I just hope that if I do this with windows 10 it will take the product key.

I hadn't checked and really have not idea what IDE mode is but im pretty sure that when i first went into BIOS when the cloned SSD failed on boot up that it was already in AHCI mode.
Ah, I was hoping you'd changed it yourself.

Why would this legacy setting be missing?

If nothing works by the time the pen drive i've ordered drops through the post I think I'll wipe the SSD and pop a clean Windows 10 on it. Then cross my fingers.

I've still got the original HDD Win 7 on it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.