SSN & City

Didsbury Dave said:
The media sensationalise stories. That's what they do.

City spending hundreds of millions and underachieveing is newsworthy.

My instincts tell me there is much more of this to come.

The only way to stop is to win games.

If were allowed to win" them.

If we thought some of last years officiating was bad this seasons will stink. Don't think Mike Riley would like us challenging his beloved rags.

Mike Wedderburn is openly supportive of City and normally gets something positive in during the paper review, having said that, I've not noticed him being on in the morning recently..........

If we thought some of last years officiating was bad this seasons will stink. Don't think Mike Riley would like us challenging his beloved rags.

Started already. Against Sporting, a blatent professional foul on us follwed by Yellow with commentator "if this wasnt a frienddly he would have seen red". Cue next Utd game, Utd player brought down in box= Instant red for USA player.

Ok this post more tongue in cheek and doesnt bother me as different game different ref, pre season friendly and all but we sure did have some crap last year

mat said:
Didsbury Dave said:
The media sensationalise stories. That's what they do.

City spending hundreds of millions and underachieveing is newsworthy.

My instincts tell me there is much more of this to come.

The only way to stop is to win games.

If were allowed to win" them.

All clubs get good and bad refereeing.

There is no conspiricy against us.

Tbilisi said:
I dont subscribe to SKY anymore as they are so anti City why should I pay for that?

Yes.

They are so anti City that no club features more on their live coverage.

Sky are pro-profit.

It really is as simple as that.

Honestly, this "They're all ouit to get us" shit is just paranoia.

There's only one thing worse than being talked about.

According to SSN the reason why we didn't play Spurs in the NY Challenge "final" was because we were playing the NY in the "third place play off". They actually went to the trouble of making stuff up to try to make us look bad. It's quite funny when you think about it.

dannybcity said:
According to SSN the reason why we didn't play Spurs in the NY Challenge "final" was because we were playing the NY in the "third place play off". They actually went to the trouble of making stuff up to try to make us look bad. It's quite funny when you think about it.

Correct, I'd forgotten about that! And you're right, it's funny! But there's only so many times you can laugh it off, we've all got thicker skins than a knackered old walrus, but I swear I could have launched the Sky Box through the fcuking window this morning..

you actually watch SSN?

This baffles me... it only broadcasts stuff it has an interest in itself, regularly ignoring sports it has no coverage in.
They are biased, but they are out to make money.
a big portion of their subscribers are Rag lovers, they have to feed these fans with some positive news so any swipe at us is good for the rag lovers.

it is no coincidence that the whole Pr campaign for skysports this summer revolves around Eric Cantona, encouraging rag lovers to re-subscribe and ditch their regular stool in the pub.

Will we replace the rags on SS? maybe, with success comes bandwaggoners and if say we start winning everything all the time, in 10yrs time SSN will be full of PR campaign drivel thats usually seen on official club sites continuously on-loop on Murdoch's Machine

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.