SSN Gerrard

amone said:
Back to the original post, Gerrard innocent until proved otherwise! As for the political debate, how many people do you know that are seriously affected by the current financial problems? I know two, both have half million pound mortgages and even someone from Huyton could have predicted they'll struggle!

They bought into the bricks and mortar. Other countries dont perceive private home ownership as the be all and end all of prosperous society.

blue_robb said:
What you on about? The middle have always done okay, with their allowances. Keeping child benefit universal was another pandering to the middle. Professional middle class, earning well over 20 k a year, claiming child benefit. How many middle class kids get to spend that as their pocket money? The rest of us are buying the kids clothes and food with the monthly benefit.

Oooohhh great. Where do I start.

The middle have always done okay, with their allowances.The middle do OK because they work hard, Yep, spot-on mate. What allowances exactly though?

Keeping child benefit universal was another pandering to the middle. Professional middle class, earning well over 20 k a year, claiming child benefit. Yep, I guess the people that top the tank up, don't deserve any back do they? It's a few quid mate, get over it.

How many middle class kids get to spend that as their pocket money? Oh yes, I give my kids the £15,000 per annum 'spends' like the dole scroungers get for fuck all. The middle are dripping with money...ha ha ha ha

The rest of us are buying the kids clothes and food with the monthly benefit.
Perhaps getting a job is another way to go? Catering, hospitality, telephony, data input/ If you can use this site then there is a job somewhere isn't there? I am registered disabled, but can do 60 hour weeks!

You want to do 60 hour weeks, good for you. You want to ignore means testing as a way of equitably re distributing tax income, good for you.
You want to exercise the chip on your shoulder, the world's your oyster.

blue_robb said:
amone said:
Back to the original post, Gerrard innocent until proved otherwise! As for the political debate, how many people do you know that are seriously affected by the current financial problems? I know two, both have half million pound mortgages and even someone from Huyton could have predicted they'll struggle!

They bought into the bricks and mortar. Other countries dont perceive private home ownership as the be all and end all of prosperous society.

That is the murmurings of someone without any aspirations and worst still, without any hope.

ManCityFC said:
blue_robb said:

That is the murmurings of someone without any aspirations and worst still, without any hope.

I dont buy the pomposity. What's aspirational about struggling to pay a half million pound mortgage?

blue_robb said:
You want to do 60 hour weeks, good for you. You want to ignore means testing as a way of equitably re distributing tax income, good for you.
You want to exercise the chip on your shoulder, the world's your oyster.

I tell you what mate, if this is a chip on my shoulder, then fine.....but don't have a go at me for not wanting to reward the lazy twats of this country. You will find yourself in a minority if you think it is right to use the benefit system as a lifestyle choice.

Anyway, have we signed Kaka yet. (Overpaid twat that he is)

blue_robb said:
ManCityFC said:

I dont buy the pomposity. What's aspirational about struggling to pay a half million pound mortgage?

I understand why they got these mortgages, life was good and the majority of the population live beyond their means as the current lending has surpassed the trillion £ mark, but surely each person must know when they're taking too much of a gamble.

Well there you go. Think we could agree that far too many are forced by circumstances "to use the benefit system as a lifestyle choice"?
I'm not one for worrying about the state of the infrastructure in Afghanistan, but imagine we couldnt go wrong diverting the sheer attention and resources pumped elsewhere into the skills of our own populace.

No sign of Kaka yet. Or any hard as nails fella to replace Didi and give Kompany a run for his money.

blue_robb said:
Well there you go. Think we could agree that far too many are forced by circumstances "to use the benefit system as a lifestyle choice"?
I'm not one for worrying about the state of the infrastructure in Afghanistan, but imagine we couldnt go wrong diverting the sheer attention and resources pumped elsewhere into the skills of our own populace.

No sign of Kaka yet. Or any hard as nails fella to replace Didi and give Kompany a run for his money.

I don't agree whatsoever about anyone being forced into using the benefit system as a lifestyle choice. Certainly not in the last 10 years, anyway. We seem to have lost the ethos, that we need to work to feed our children in this country. I expect the stupid wages of the premiership footballers and Big Bother mentality, that we all deserve to be rich doesn't help. Either way, there is absolutely no excuse for sponging for a living at all. Never will be. If life was that easy, and everybody did it, then the country would melt down and perhaps that is what we are headed for, as the benefit system NOW NEEDS to be fair, as many hard working people are going to need it's help, while the world pays for the actions of a lot of greedy bankers. (that could be a miss-spelling!)

Other than that, I agree wholeheartedly!

amone said:
I understand why they got these mortgages, life was good and the majority of the population live beyond their means as the current lending has surpassed the trillion £ mark, but surely each person must know when they're taking too much of a gamble.

I agree with that and thankfully for my family, I wasn't one of the people that assumed that the over ambitious equity in my property would pay me out of trouble. But I know many who did and one of my mates is sadled with £30k of credit card bills. Buut sorry, this government was the one that claimed it had ended boom or bust and encouraged lending and spending, as it is doing now. So people were led down the garden path were'nt they. 1 trillion in debt now this country, what a farse. But what is the other option?

Anyway, I am off my soap box, my hangover is calming down a bit, and I want some great big signing to be anounced to cheer me up. COME ON CITY!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.