SSN: Milner cost more than Ozil and Khediera

rassclot said:
that dick paul mccarthy overlooked several points regarding the transfers of ozil & khedira to real madrid.

- both players had only a year left on their contracts
- both players had refused to sign contract extensions
- both players had expressed their wish to play for real madrid
- both players would have left on a bosman if they stayed until next summer

their clubs therefore decided to cash in on them, albeit at a bargain price for real madrid, as a better option than to let them go for nothing next year.

And I think there is a premium for players moving to or from the EPL.

mcfc1996 said:
Obviously these media people need to manipulate the facts to suit their agenda.
SSN are just interviewing their colleagues in the media

Annoys me when I read / listen to it, but maybe theya re just ill informed. They want to believe that we have over-paid because it suits their outlook.

But it's just opinion. When you think baout it it's inevitable that prevailing opinion will be against us at the moment because we are threatening to upset the apple-cart. There are bad reporters and good reporters, or there are good reporters who file a bad report and vice versa.

The media don't have an agenda against City, although I don't like the established newspapers because of their right wing politics and the way they are used by their wealthy owners to mould opinion, but I'd rather have a free press and debate

As it happens forums like this, on-line blogs etc are beginning to bypass the dinosaurs and we can express our ow views and publish them instantly across the world..................even if it's just as poor if not worse than what we see or hear in papers and the TV

I put Sky Sports on this morning and saw the bit with Paul McCarthy saying what we have paid for Milner compared to what Real have just paid for Ozil and Khadira.
Iam used to the slagging off we usually get from jurnos for every move we make but this really wound me up , he failed to mention the huge fees that Real paid out last year when they went recruiting talent and the price of English players, complete lazy journalisim from a total twat.

leighton said:
Its a shame we didnt sign those 2 players instead of Milner if you ask me. They looked great in the World Cup.

the point is that they were only ever going to real madrid because of their single minded ambition to play for them. no other club was in with a shout of signing them.

Lancet Fluke said:
I think we have to accept that whatever the club does at the moment, we will get criticised. At one point people were saying that we were going to ruin Hart's career, when we don't, the inference is that we have messed Given about. Bellamy spends lots of his career pissing people off and is constantly criticised for his behaviour. As soon as it happens at City, it is bad man management, Craig is a good honest British pro and City have ruined his career. The media were absolutely creaming their pants about Milner last season, now we have signed him, we are criticised for doing so, on various levels. The list goes on and on. We need to win the league, it will be the only way to shut these bastards up.

Nail on head.

Rammy said:
Lancet Fluke said:
I think we have to accept that whatever the club does at the moment, we will get criticised. At one point people were saying that we were going to ruin Hart's career, when we don't, the inference is that we have messed Given about. Bellamy spends lots of his career pissing people off and is constantly criticised for his behaviour. As soon as it happens at City, it is bad man management, Craig is a good honest British pro and City have ruined his career. The media were absolutely creaming their pants about Milner last season, now we have signed him, we are criticised for doing so, on various levels. The list goes on and on. We need to win the league, it will be the only way to shut these bastards up.[/quote]

Nail on head.
I'd take one of either Europa cup/F.A cup/Carling cup plus 4th place.

leighton said:
Its a shame we didnt sign those 2 players instead of Milner if you ask me. They looked great in the World Cup.
Get yourself to the Bernabeau if it bothers you that much

Milner is perfect for the City midfield,no complaints here.

Blue Phil said:
I'd take one of either Europa cup/F.A cup/Carling cup plus 4th place.

So would I! Think we'll have to literally be the best team in the country though before the media begin to give us a break.

It's all a crock of shite anyway. City's billionaires spending 20, 30 or 40 mill is irrelevant. I know we don't like to be ripped off but it's pocket change for these guys. It's like most of us getting overcharged 10p on pasty from Greggs. Who gives a fuck?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.