SSN NOW!!!!!!!!!!

G, I'd like him to come, but in the right circumstances. Not when we've got dipshits at the back like Dunney who can't pass a ball five yards. How's he going to get the fucking ball when the ball's being smacked 50 yards up the other end of the pitch?

Owain said:
G, I'd like him to come, but in the right circumstances. Not when we've got dipshits at the back like Dunney who can't pass a ball five yards. How's he going to get the fucking ball when the ball's being smacked 50 yards up the other end of the pitch?

I believe if we sign Kaka,then signing other 'top class' players will be 100 % easier.

I think players are a bit reluctant to join at the minute 'cos of the situation we are in and press/other fans will consider them mercenary's because they are only joining city for the money.When one comes,the rest will.

Owain said:
To be honest, I'd rather he didn't come at all. This football club is turning into a circus. Why would Leslie want yet another Brazilian playmaker rather than the combative midfielder, left winger and striker that we really need? It's just daft. Regardless of how good Kaka is, it's lunacy. 500k a week is an obscene amount of money. This is Aabu Dhabi showing the West and the other Emirates what it can do with a gigantic pot of money; it's not about what's in the best interest of Manchester City Football Club.

I think I understand where you are coming from, and the rumoured amounts are a lot of money, but it's Kaka, you can't be seriously saying he wont improve our side! And I'm sure if he does come plenty of top players in the positions you have pointed out would be more than willing to join him.

I agree it doesn't look like Mr.Hughes has got a great deal to do with this which may be a bit worrying. Although realistically I think he might not be in charge come next season, and I guess any new manager coming in would likely prefer to have Kaka waiting for him than the likes of Bellamy and Parker.

Owain is right, and deep down all you willy-waving kids know it. You just don't want him to shatter your illusions, which is fine. BUT an attacking midfielder from a country whose nationals have allegedly formed a damaging clique at the club would NOT have been top of the manager's wish list, regardless of whether his name is Kaka or not. And whether you like Hughes or not, the forcing of a player onto a manager is a recipe for disaster, and certainly one that doesn't have the best interests of the club at heart.

Yes, he's a fantastic player, and yes he'll improve us. But our list of priorities has defenders, left-wingers, defensive midfielders and strikers at the top of it. You can't possibly deny that.

Before I'm called a boring pessimistic wanker by the some of sad abusive children that now inhabit this site, I am not. I am a realist who can see what this club actually needs to push it forward. Would I like to see Kaka play for Manchester City? Of course I fucking would. Do I think we have much more pressing matters to deal with before we go chasing players of his ilk? Of course I fucking do.

If we're gonna spend 100m + 500k a week on a galactico, can we not at least make it one that plays in a position we desperately need to fill? You know, like actually trying to help the manager out, rather than simply adding to his problems.

california blue said:
As i see it Hughes was asked when he took over - if you could have anyone who would it be - he said Kaka

i don't have links as i didn't save them but it has been reported more than once in the press that there have been two lists--the practical list and the 'wish list'. the wish list is world class players, but all approved by the manager.

Why assume that the other positions are not being sorted out as we speak? EVERYONE knows we need two CBs, a DM, and a long-term replacement for Petrov. Kaka will give us what a Mourinho might give us, critical mass, or momentum sufficient to overcome our inertia (or what have you). If the connection between Villa and Kaka is legit, if we sign Kaka, Villa will follow, and in short order a lot of players will start to put pressure on their clubs to play nice with offers City have already made, or are about to. Given that ADUG managed to get City and Robinho, without ANYONE knowing what was going on, we might be assuming too little when it comes to the games these Arabs play.

Brucie Bonus said:
Why assume that the other positions are not being sorted out as we speak? EVERYONE knows we need two CBs, a DM, and a long-term replacement for Petrov. Kaka will give us what a Mourinho might give us, critical mass, or momentum sufficient to overcome our inertia (or what have you). If the connection between Villa and Kaka is legit, if we sign Kaka, Villa will follow, and in short order a lot of players will start to put pressure on their clubs to play nice with offers City have already made, or are about to. Given that ADUG managed to get City and Robinho, without ANYONE knowing what was going on, we might be assuming too little when it comes to the games these Arabs play.
I hope you're right Brucie because our Premiership survival this season and possible climb up into the UEFA places depends a lot more on signing these other players than it does on Kaka.

If he does indeed act as a catalyst, then great. But that needs to happen in this window, not in the summer because with Laurel & Hardy playing at the back we are going to struggle, regardless of who they have playing ahead of them.

even if we don't get the other positions sorted in this transfer window this signing, if it goes through, has an incredible amount of upside. without sorting things at the back, and getting a solid defensive middie, i don't see us shooting up the table and going to Europe solely on the basis of signing Kaka (or even a hypothetical Kaka / Villa double)... but long term things are looking very good indeed if we pull this off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.