SSN NOW

masterwig said:
hgblue said:
Warning. There appears to be a new sport on Bluemoon, which I would describe as 'Doing A Clarkie'. Basically, someone posts some ridiculous statement like 'I think Eto'o is shite', and then sits back, cracks open a can of cider, and has a good laugh as page after page of gullible Bluemooners take the bait. Just be careful before responding to these wind ups. (Or it could just be that the poster was a dick).

I wasn't joking earlier when I voiced real concerns about signing him. I don't think it makes me a dick that I worry he will not offer the all-round contribution to the team that we need, that he is only coming for the money and that he could be our Shevchenko.

Great goalscoring record but aside from that I don't think he offers much else at all. In fact he's been anonymous pretty much every time I've watched him aside from popping up with a goal. Clearly that's a vital skill and invaluable to a team but last year scoring wasn't a problem. What was a problem in away games was ball retention in the final third of the pitch, an issue I believe RSC is better suited to solving that Eto'o.

Don't brand anyone with a different opinion from 'we're getting Eto'o he's well good and we'll win the league innit' a dick just for looking at things and having an alternative view.

You obviously dont watch him much.....he comes into midfield a lot wanting the ball all the time, and did you not watch the CL final his work rate was immense
Eto hates losing no matter what he'll be brilliant for us you watch

masterwig said:
hgblue said:
Warning. There appears to be a new sport on Bluemoon, which I would describe as 'Doing A Clarkie'. Basically, someone posts some ridiculous statement like 'I think Eto'o is shite', and then sits back, cracks open a can of cider, and has a good laugh as page after page of gullible Bluemooners take the bait. Just be careful before responding to these wind ups. (Or it could just be that the poster was a dick).

I wasn't joking earlier when I voiced real concerns about signing him. I don't think it makes me a dick that I worry he will not offer the all-round contribution to the team that we need, that he is only coming for the money and that he could be our Shevchenko.

Great goalscoring record but aside from that I don't think he offers much else at all. In fact he's been anonymous pretty much every time I've watched him aside from popping up with a goal. Clearly that's a vital skill and invaluable to a team but last year scoring wasn't a problem. What was a problem in away games was ball retention in the final third of the pitch, an issue I believe RSC is better suited to solving that Eto'o.

Don't brand anyone with a different opinion from 'we're getting Eto'o he's well good and we'll win the league innit' a dick just for looking at things and having an alternative view.

Are you on drugs or something just look at his goal scoring record at barcelona

As I said, goalscoring record is great. But over the last six months I've watched him closely 5 or 6 times and he only scored in a couple of those games and was generally anonymous. I thought he was shite in the CL final aside from his world class goal. Hardly touched the ball and wasn't much of a threat all game.

If Hughes has in mind playing RSC in away games then I'm happy. I suppose I'm just worrying unnecessarily. I can't cope with signing world class players, we're meant to be shit. I've grown up watching Barry Conlon and Ged Brannan. It doesn't seem right having genuine world class players.

masterwig said:
As I said, goalscoring record is great. But over the last six months I've watched him closely 5 or 6 times and he only scored in a couple of those games and was generally anonymous. I thought he was shite in the CL final aside from his world class goal. Hardly touched the ball and wasn't much of a threat all game.

If Hughes has in mind playing RSC in away games then I'm happy. I suppose I'm just worrying unnecessarily. I can't cope with signing world class players, we're meant to be shit. I've grown up watching Barry Conlon and Ged Brannan. It doesn't seem right having genuine world class players.
wtf? lol.

i dont give a shit if he plays crap for us but still scores in every match.

EastStandLower said:
AntonDonJuan said:
I don't want Eto'o. Too old now, we're better off blooding Caicedo and Evans and hope they turns out as good

Give it a rest how can you possibly not think that Eto'o is a step forward?

Erm HELLO!!! Welcome to planet earth where Eto'o is 28 yrs old has a goal average of 1.48 in the second toughest league in the world and is highly thought of as one of the best three strikers on the planet!!!

Get connected, get reall or get the fuck outa here!!!!

kinky's underpants said:
EastStandLower said:
AntonDonJuan said:
I don't want Eto'o. Too old now, we're better off blooding Caicedo and Evans and hope they turns out as good

Erm HELLO!!! Welcome to planet earth where Eto'o is 28 yrs old has a goal average of 1.48 in the second toughest league in the world and is highly thought of as one of the best three strikers on the planet!!!

Double WHOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH :-)

Cheesy said:
kinky's underpants said:
EastStandLower said:
AntonDonJuan said:

Double WHOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH :-)

this cannot be serious ;)

bet adj is pissing himself

masterwig said:
Great goalscoring record but aside from that I don't think he offers much else at all.

I find this quite a bizarre condemnation of a striker.

Although we are the club that made a legend of 'Unlucky Paul' Dickov, so I guess that says it all really lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.