SSN We've not won at OT since '86

TBH i never remember dates and scores, but I never forget how much I hate the media that kisses the scummy rag bastards arses at every fuckin opportunity! Come on city, every decent honest football fan in the country wants a city victory.

stanman said:
TBH i never remember dates and scores, but I never forget how much I hate the media that kisses the scummy rag bastards arses at every fuckin opportunity! Come on city, every decent honest football fan in the country wants a city victory.

Remember a draw will also have us singing from the rooftops

gillymcfc said:
stanman said:

Yeah, people seem to be glossing over the fact we're 2-1 UP from the first leg, we don't need to win the game tonight, simply not lose. I'm not for one minute suggesting we play for the draw, but our record of victories at OT isn't actually all that relevant when a vistory isn't required.

Matty said:
gillymcfc said:

Yeah, people seem to be glossing over the fact we're 2-1 UP from the first leg, we don't need to win the game tonight, simply not lose. I'm not for one minute suggesting we play for the draw, but our record of victories at OT isn't actually all that relevant when a vistory isn't required.

We could happily lose 3-2, 4-3, 5-4 etc etc and 2 - 1 isn't the end of it.

We simply cant lose 1 - 0

DontLookBackInAnger said:
so in other words we have only beaten 2 rags managers at the swamp since Matt Busby and one of them is Fergie!!!

4 - fergie, mcguinness (70), o'farrell (72), docherty (74). McG replaced Busby in 69, but Busby came back in 70 for a year. To be fair they've only had 6 managers in that period (and we hardly played them in Atkinson's reign), so to have beaten 4 at ot doesn't sound so bad.

Gary James said:
so in other words we have only beaten 2 rags managers at the swamp since Matt Busby and one of them is Fergie!!!

4 - fergie, mcguinness (70), o'farrell (72), docherty (74). McG replaced Busby in 69, but Busby came back in 70 for a year. To be fair they've only had 6 managers in that period (and we hardly played them in Atkinson's reign), so to have beaten 4 at ot doesn't sound so bad.
Sorry, I thought it was McGuinness until they went down and then Docherty took over, so Docherty actually took them down, interesting...

so Docherty actually took them down, interesting...

It was Doc's appointment in dec 1972 that ultimately led to utd's big hero Denis Law wanting to move on. Law moved to City and we all know what happened in April 74. I wonder if Tevez knows this story?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.