St Marks white enamel badge.

BlueSkyBlue said:
kev20971 said:
Do you think the club should make more of the clubs history, ie St Marks, Gorton & Ardwick retro shirts, tee shirt, tracksuit tops and the like ?

I'd buy a St Marks top - I know you can buy them on the net, just never been sure of the quality as been burned by crap quailty tshirts in the past!

The one on Toffs.com is probably good quality to be fair. (http://www.toffs.com/gorton-fc-1884-manchester-city-retro-football-shirt)

The club might shy away from the St Marks badge though due to the later uses of a very similar cross in Nazi propaganda. (Iron Cross and Maltese Crosses (or is it "cross patte") look similar)?

It's also used in the Victoria Cross, amongst other things, to be fair.

jayfx said:
KippaxCitizen said:
kev20971 said:
Do you think the club should make more of the clubs history, ie St Marks, Gorton & Ardwick retro shirts, tee shirt, tracksuit tops and the like ?
Yes, I'd buy a good quality black Gorton FC shirt with white cross tomorrow if they brought one out.

I also think we should go back to the colour combination of our home kit we've had for by far the longest amount of time in our history: sky shirts, white shorts, navy socks. I don't like the generic, could be any team who play in sky, colour combinations of recent years.

0012328_gorton-fc-1884-manchester-city-retro-football-shirt.jpeg

You can buy them online from Toffs.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.toffs.com/gorton-fc-1884-manchester-city-retro-football-shirt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.toffs.com/gorton-fc-1884-man ... ball-shirt</a>
I know you can get them of Toffs, bought one a couple of years ago, and their stuff not that bad to be honest, But I was think more about the club doing stuff like shirts, polos and other stuff .

Thanks for all the reply's.

Definitely going to get one as a nod to our history, which we are constantly told we are lacking by the unwashed, uneducated masses.

Have to agree with some other posters on here and say that unfortunately the badge reminds me too much of the Nazis. Even though it has been rightly stated the cross is used in other recognisable symbols I just think others wouldn't realise that and I would stand out as an NF supporter. So definitely a no go for me.

the originalkippaxman said:
Have to agree with some other posters on here and say that unfortunately the badge reminds me too much of the Nazis. Even though it has been rightly stated the cross is used in other recognisable symbols I just think others wouldn't realise that and I would stand out as an NF supporter. So definitely a no go for me.

Grow a pair you softarse.

Takes a few seconds to educate people as to why you wear it.

Bilboblue said:

You shouldn't need to have to educate people but if you are happy to walk around looking like a racist go for it. Then again you probably are a shithouse racist.

Bilboblue said:

You shouldn't need to have to educate people but if you are happy to walk around looking like a racist go for it. Then again you probably are a shithouse racist.

LOL

Hate to wear something that looks like this

victor1.jpg

I would not want to be classed as a Notts Forest supporter either. Having a shite old time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.