St. Pauli New Kits

djm68 said:
It doesn't bother me one jot,but...

There is alot to praise about St Pauli and quite right too! But, given some of the bile that comes on here, are posters aware that apart from the Celtic connection they are building a big rapport with FC United.
Its not as big as the friendship they have with Celtic but thats been going for a few years. They get on well because FC United are a protest club and are fairly left wing (apart from playing some pre season games with right wing clubs apparently). St Pauli are one of those clubs who have fans from clubs all over the world, very international.

Was talking to a couple of their fans who liked City as their English team when I was out there.

blue jim said:
dw7 said:
these have a huge riverly with hambug so does anyone know why hamburg is on the 2nd kit
St. Pauli is a district in inner Hamburg. HSV is out in the middle of no where, certainly not Hamburg proper anyway.

-- Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:05 pm --

Ticket For Schalke said:
you location suits the fairground next to the ground, is this so?
My location? Not sure what your on about, didn't see a fairground when I was there in Feb. Then again it was heavily snowing down.

The Fair you talk of "Hamburger Dom" is only a tempory one that comes around 3 times a year

http://translate.google.com/transla...urger+Dom&hl=en&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2009-35,GGLG:en

It is Ace on that fair, and then down Reeperbahn later at Mollys followed by th fish market at 6 am - Good times good times.

blue jim said:
. St Pauli are one of those clubs who have fans from clubs all over the world, very international.

Thats not strictly true, I saw a report on St Pauli afew years ago on Transworld sport and decided to sign up to an English speaking supports site. As expected the vast majority were Celtic and Liverpool fans but when a Hearts fan signed up and posted about an anti racist campaign he'd single handedly launched he copped for all kinds of abuse. Obviously I can't tar all the St Pauli fans with the same brush, I'm sure most of them are quite cool, but my interest in them pretty much ended there and then.

djm68 said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
i just know there liberal and i like that.

Me too! Just thought I'd throw it in and see if sparks fly. In a way, I'd be rather impressed if they didn't!
I think people quickly sussed why you threw that comment in,it's a thread about a football shirt not a thread about the connection they have with celtic.....unless you want to make another one that is:)

bluemanc said:
djm68 said:
Me too! Just thought I'd throw it in and see if sparks fly. In a way, I'd be rather impressed if they didn't!
I think people quickly sussed why you threw that comment in,it's a thread about a football shirt not a thread about the the connection they have with celtic.....unless you want to make another one that is:)

Moved on when i posted the club shop ;)

i think his comment was referring to fc united.

bluemanc said:
djm68 said:
I think people quickly sussed why you threw that comment in,it's a thread about a football shirt not a thread about the connection they have with celtic.....unless you want to make another one that is:)

Absolutely nothing to do with Celtic. I was more interested to see if people got uptight about the FCUM connection. I like St Pauli, I don't dislike Celtic and I have time for FCUM, partly because their guys have assisted us (at Maine Road FC) in a number of ways.

As I said, I'd be impressed if sparks didn't fly and in many ways they haven't ..good!

djm68 said:
bluemanc said:

Absolutely nothing to do with Celtic. I was more interested to see if people got uptight about the FCUM connection. I like St Pauli, I don't dislike Celtic and I have time for FCUM, partly because their guys have assisted us (at Maine Road FC) in a numer of ways.

As I said, I'd be impressed if sparks didn't fly and in many ways they haven't ..good!
Because it's a thread about a shirt, you mentioned celtic, what the club is & what people think about the 2 other clubs you have mentioned is irelevant to the thread.
Start a thread about how much time people have for the 3 clubs you mention if you want.
Nice of you to bring this back to heap praise on the team from bury's fans.
Just thought I'd throw it in and see if sparks fly
You are getting close to getting what you're after:)

[quote="
Just thought I'd throw it in and see if sparks fly
You are getting close to getting what you're after:)

No, apologies, it was a passing light comment and I wouldn't want some of the mad bile fuelled exchanges that occassionally make one dispair of Forums...as I say, most of the responses on this thread have been interesting and considered.

dannybcity said:
blue jim said:
. St Pauli are one of those clubs who have fans from clubs all over the world, very international.

Thats not strictly true, I saw a report on St Pauli afew years ago on Transworld sport and decided to sign up to an English speaking supports site. As expected the vast majority were Celtic and Liverpool fans but when a Hearts fan signed up and posted about an anti racist campaign he'd single handedly launched he copped for all kinds of abuse. Obviously I can't tar all the St Pauli fans with the same brush, I'm sure most of them are quite cool, but my interest in them pretty much ended there and then.
Well there are a huge amount of Celtic fans that support St Pauli. The two clubs have official links and you can buy each others kits in official stores and the like, I'd say theres plenty of scouse fans too since they're pretty close to Celtic so end up hearing about St Pauli. But if you go on the St Pauli UK website there are people posting who support pretty much every team over here you can think of who have taken an interest in St Pauli. Anyone outside of Scotland, Ireland, and to a lesser extent England isnt going to give a shit about Hearts.

Although I will say St Pauli fans generally don't like Rangers, the Nazi salutes and the friendship with HSV doesn't help. Hearts can be like a mini Rangers when they want to be, so I dont think too many fans of other clubs are impressed by that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.