Stadium Developments thread

Was looking at the new Anfield Road Stand.. didn’t realise until I looked properly that the two end sections directly face the fans sitting in the Main Stand instead of the pitch. Surely that can’t be right given the money spent to build it, it would mean fans sitting in those sections will have to swivel there bodies and legs around in order to look directly at the pitch. I suppose this is why end sections of stands are built at an angle to join up with existing stands that way every seat has the pitch straight in front.

Was looking at the new Anfield Road Stand.. didn’t realise until I looked properly that the two end sections directly face the fans sitting in the Main Stand instead of the pitch. Surely that can’t be right given the money spent to build it, it would mean fans sitting in those sections will have to swivel there bodies and legs around in order to look directly at the pitch. I suppose this is why end sections of stands are built at an angle to join up with existing stands that way every seat has the pitch straight in front.
BrightFixedChafer-max-1mb.gif

I accept it’s the Anfield Road stand and not the KOP, but how not to build a stand behind the goal. Note the positioning of the seating in the corner of the away end in the upper tier overlooking the Liverpool fans in the main stand and not facing the pitch.

62DAAFB3-69FE-428E-AB2F-0C71DDEBD641.jpeg

9B24B5C8-37B2-43EF-8A92-86AA658F7FE2.jpeg

I accept it’s the Anfield Road stand and not the KOP, but how not to build a stand behind the goal. Note the positioning of the seating in the corner of the away end in the upper tier overlooking the Liverpool fans in the main stand and not facing the pitch.

View attachment 95652

View attachment 95653

I'm sure they'll sit at an angle lol. I guess it has some English charm but the stadium is ugly as fuck. I bet if they renovated that main stand they could have close to 75-80k, it looks very small compared to the other stands

Images_98-scaled.jpg
F8A8NbyXsAAk9el

Images_26-scaled.jpg

Images_34-scaled.jpg

Images_65-scaled.jpg

F8VdYxpXUAAR-5D

F8ju3fLWUAAlbFi

View attachment 95652

View attachment 95653

Interesting looking at those pictures, that we have to remember that the Anfield pitch is below Uefa's recommended pitch size. From an old article about them not being able to have England games there:

"Anfield's pitch size has counted against it with UEFA rules stating that pitches must have fixed dimensions of 105m by 68m. The Reds' playing surface is just 101m long and cannot be extended due to the closeness of the stands at both the Kop and the Anfield Road end".

And this:

"The Football Association (FA) set the legal range for a pitch to be between 90m-120m in length and 45m-90m in width."

It's very strange that they wouldn't be able to play Euro 2028 games at Anfield because of Uefa rules, but Uefa seem happy with Anfield for the Champions League. I'd say they should give Liverpool a number of years to get their house in order. They could get rid of the first few rows at each end to make the pitch longer and could easily install screens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.