Stadium Developments thread

It's becoming more and more common even in new buildings. Build something simple and basic and then just stick a shell or wrap around it to make it look modern and quirky. I'm not sure Anfield will last 20 years either, the stand they've just done already looks shite!

Would still love City to do something to modernise the look of the side stands. The South Stand looks smart enough, but a bit concrete and grey on the sides. Not sure we'll ever expand them because of the logistical issues, but we'll see. More about how functional it is and what it's like inside.
Anfield looked terrible for our recent visit. The new stand is very poor quality and the faciltities are not much better than they used to be. Away fans are still crammed in with not enough exits from a packed concourse. Is it not finished yet? The immediate surrounding area is derelict and run-down with no proper transport links. No wonder LFC tried to block the Everton stadium planning application behnid the scenes. The new Everton ground will make Anfield look like a shanty town.

Great video that.

Tough decision for their owners. They're not getting planning permission to expand the full stadium with the conservation area in place and right to light/daylight-sunlight considerations amongst everything else.

And I can't see fans being happy with them moving grounds, even if it's a Spurs style slight movement as shown at the end.

Coming along. Still not sure what I make of it to be honest. It fits the surroundings which was probably a requirement of the proposals, but I'd want something with a bit more of a wow factor if owners were building from scratch.

It's around 53,000 seats so not huge but I think they've tried to retain that Goodison environment of being close to the pitch and intimidating and there's scope to increase to 62k in the future.
What do Everton average 36K? Could be a big away allocation

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.