Stadium Expansion (Confirmed)

Re: Stadium Expansion excitement!

Some people really do get a bit too upset about the rags jibes. They need to worry about filling their own stadium before looking at us

I don't think a 60,000 capacity is anywhere near enough IMO.

If the owners were able to commit to £300 season-tickets across the board, with the shortfall in revenues being taken up by the second tier corporate sections, you are easily talking about attendances way above that figure.

The cost of living is huge in every area of life, but at an average match day cost of £15 a time, you literally buy-off the next two generations of football supporters.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Davs 19 said:
On a personal level it's of little consequence and I sense it's the same for you.
My sarcasm doesn't escape you as usual, Davs.

One only needs to look at pretty much any footage at Maine Road and you've got a more than even chance of seeing plenty of empty seats. It's a typical stick which pin-dick united fans like to try and beat us with, but whether we sell 90% or 98% of our ground for a game v Fulham does it really matter? It makes no difference to my life and I would suggest any City fan who lets it occupy his thoughts too much needs to get out a bit more.

Yes, worry about getting to the game yourself, not if others do or not. That my motto

Question.

Would you be miffed if City released a few thousand £299 season tickets, and you still had to pay the current or a higher price for your season ticket to stay where you are?

I've been thinking about it and I'm still not sure how I'd feel.

TBH I enjoy standing in 111, and I would probably still be happy to pay the current price, even though cheaper season tickets, with a better view, were made available when the stadium get's expanded.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

If the owners were able to commit to £300 season-tickets across the board, with the shortfall in revenues being taken up by the second tier corporate sections, you are easily talking about attendances way above that figure.

The cost of living is huge in every area of life, but at an average match day cost of £15 a time, you literally buy-off the next two generations of football supporters.

Exactly, make as much money from corporate as possible, so many businesses and global interests in Manchester to charge huge prices for corporate seats and that will enable a huge number of affordable tickets and reasonable prices elsewhere too. I am sure that will be the end goal. 60,000 for now will enable a bigger fan base to be built, and more research to be done to then take the next step and alter the side stands.

jrb said:
Question.

Would you be miffed if City released a few thousand £299 season tickets, and you still had to pay the current or a higher price for your season ticket to stay where you are?

I've been thinking about it and I'm still not sure how I'd feel.

TBH I enjoy standing in 111, and I would probably still be happy to pay the current price, even though cheaper season tickets, with a better view, were made available when the stadium get's expanded.
I wouldn't. I'm in EL3, pay just under £600 for platinum and think its good value. I enjoy the view and the seat is just about close enough to the away fans where the atmosphere carries.
I've just started taking my 6 year old this season and he loves it up there.
The more cheap season tickets the merrier for me.

supercity88 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Exactly, make as much money from corporate as possible, so many businesses and global interests in Manchester to charge huge prices for corporate seats and that will enable a huge number of affordable tickets and reasonable prices elsewhere too. I am sure that will be the end goal. 60,000 for now will enable a bigger fan base to be built, and more research to be done to then take the next step and alter the side stands.

The Bayern model.

I definitely agree that the club will take the cost of watching football in a new direction - an affordable one.

What is of paramount importance is to get as many people on-site as possible because there will be far more opportunities to engage with that core fanbase moving forwards.

The £299 seasoncard is eye-catching because it's one of the few details we know. But even then From £299 is a pretty meaningless statement

Apologies if already posted - anyone seen this?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Tickets-and-Seasoncards/Waiting-List" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Tickets-and-Seaso ... iting-List</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.