Stadium Expansion (Confirmed)

jrb said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
jrb said:
When khaldoon did his first ever video.

I'm sure he stated the club and fans will always come first.

There's was no mention of season ticket or matchday ticket prices increase. Or beer or (Jamie Oliver) pie increases for that matter.

He also stated that the club was bought to be run as a commercial enterprise. The two, regrettably, aren't mutually exclusive, unless you're expecting City to be bailed out to the tune of £100-200 million each season.

He did not mention price increases or Jamie Oliver. He also didn't mention the collar site, the extension to the stadium, the current development, the Premier League and FA Cup win either. I imagine his crystal ball wasn't functioning too well that day. His overall vision was pretty good though.

My point, which I didn't articulate properly I concede, is that people on here complaining about how the club is changing and their interests don't seem to matter anymore must have a different recollection than me of the self-serving egomaniacs who ran the club previously who didn't give one sinlgr flying fuck about the fans or their best interests.

TBH I was only joking. I'm sure you picked up on that? We couldn't ask for a better owner. I mean, look at the...........(fill in as appropriate) across town.
Sorry mate I should have realised, but you have been coming across as a little less positive than normal in recent days!

jrb said:
He also stated that the club was bought to be run as a commercial enterprise. The two, regrettably, aren't mutually exclusive, unless you're expecting City to be bailed out to the tune of £100-200 million each season.

He did not mention price increases or Jamie Oliver. He also didn't mention the collar site, the extension to the stadium, the current development, the Premier League and FA Cup win either. I imagine his crystal ball wasn't functioning too well that day. His overall vision was pretty good though.

My point, which I didn't articulate properly I concede, is that people on here complaining about how the club is changing and their interests don't seem to matter anymore must have a different recollection than me of the self-serving egomaniacs who ran the club previously who didn't give one sinlgr flying fuck about the fans or their best interests.

TBH I was only joking. I'm sure you picked up on that? We couldn't ask for a better owner. I mean, look at the...........(fill in as appropriate) across town.
Sorry mate I should have realised, but you have been coming across as a little less positive than normal in recent days!

True.

However, I can't hide my feelings. I'm a sensitive sole. :-) Not only that, my week off work is coming to an end.

But yes, I'd like those £299 season ticket to go to.................(stop it jrb, you've done it to death)

jrb said:
jrb said:
True.

However, I can't hide my feelings. I'm a sensitive sole. :-) Not only that, my week off work is coming to an end.

But yes, I'd like those £299 season ticket to go to.................(stop it jrb, you've done it to death)

jrb, I'm hoping you 'know' me well enough to know I am only joking here but................... does that mean you have sensitive feet? ;-)<br /><br />-- Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:00 pm --<br /><br />
jrb said:
Can anyone point me to a time in the last 40 years where the interests of the fans were paramount?

Swales? Franny? Taskin?

When khaldoon did his first ever video.

I'm sure he stated the club and fans will always come first.

There's was no mention of season ticket or matchday ticket prices increase. Or beer or (Jamie Oliver) pie increases for that matter.

GDM, did I ever tell you that I think I love you??? Only as a fellow fan, and a person who remembers the days when all that seemed to matter was the ego of the people at the top, of course. With our present owners we have people who want to the club to develop and grow without leaving the fans behind. (IMHO)

jrb said:
oakiecokie said:
jrb said:
Well!

Last time I took some pictures, a very nice lady from the Nat West Bank next to the site asked me why if I was taking pictures?

It was obvious really, but I played stupid.

See then said it was a security risk to the Bank, even though my camera lens was pointing in the opposite direction. I still have the pictures to prove. Nope, I didn't get any pictures of the said Bank.

In a nutshell. Somebody onsite must have rang the Bank and told them a tourist was taking pictures, and would they kindly direct him to the stadium and souvenir shop instead. :-)

And that is a true story. :-)

I'll have to go as a concrete bollard next week. :-?

Oh come on JRB,I was taking the piss you sensitive soul. ;)

-- Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:29 pm --

Maybe he could take some snaps of a bewildered OAP looking for his crutch ;-)

My missus has the same fooking problem,in bed !!!

I know Oakie. :-)

Good man.

A rich guy's play thing they said, they will get bored and pull out they said.

HAHA, great to see our club being furthered off the field as well as on the field.
Cannot wait for this expansion.

I'm looking forward to the arguments against the club when the number of affordable seats is appreciated for what it is.

The fact is plain, City are the most affordable of all PL clubs to support but we also get to enjoy top players, CL footy and pretty decent food and drink etc.

Its amazing to think that City's MOST EXPENSIVE season ticket is cheaper than Arsenal's CHEAPEST season ticket.

We are not exactly being fleeced and the club still have an eye on offering pretty reasonable numbers of the cheapest season tickets in the whole of the PL.

I'm not sure what more people can expect the club to do TBH.

This is the 3rd time in this thread I have made reference to this point that we are failing to address.

Just how are we going to get young supporters, 8-13 year old, from working class backrounds, back into our football club.

I see absolutely nothing in any proposal to address this issue that sees the average age of a match attending supporter in their 40's, whilst it remains impossible for a child under the age of 14 to enter the stadium as an individual, even if they had the considerable amount of money required to purchase a ticket.

Ask yourself this; How many of the posters on here would heve ever got to watch City as a youngster if it required you to convince your Mum, Dad or some other adult to take you along and a huge amount of money as well.

To put this into perspective and removing inflation from the equation, at the age of 10 I was travelling 6 miles on buses to Maine Road, paying admission money onto the Kippax, buying Chips, a Match Programme and then travelling back home again all within what I used to get as Pocket Money (£2)

Is it only me that can see that we have an issue here?

There is nothing to stop anyone who is a current season card holder relocating to one of the new cheap seats. I paid £550 this season and am not thinking about moving as I am in SL2 and love the view,atmosphere.
I can understand peoples point of view wherever you currently sit that the club should make all efforts to ease the burden for fans who are struggling to pay for season cards each year and not just be thinking about new fans or fans who may want to come back because of the cheaper seats.
It will annoy some fans that they have been paying a lot of money through the barren times to be told that once the new tiers are built that fans are having the option to pay £299 for what is going to be an excellent view.
I am hoping the increase in capacity allows the club to look at this.

MaineRoadBlue said:
This is the 3rd time in this thread I have made reference to this point that we are failing to address.

Just how are we going to get young supporters, 8-13 year old, from working class backrounds, back into our football club.

I see absolutely nothing in any proposal to address this issue that sees the average age of a match attending supporter in their 40's, whilst it remains impossible for a child under the age of 14 to enter the stadium as an individual, even if they had the considerable amount of money required to purchase a ticket.

Ask yourself this; How many of the posters on here would heve ever got to watch City as a youngster if it required you to convince your Mum, Dad or some other adult to take you along and a huge amount of money as well.

To put this into perspective and removing inflation from the equation, at the age of 10 I was travelling 6 miles on buses to Maine Road, paying admission money onto the Kippax, buying Chips, a Match Programme and then travelling back home again all within what I used to get as Pocket Money (£2)

Its a problem City have less of an issue with than many other clubs but I agree that football isnt as easy for kids to attend as it was in my day.

You have to be accompanied by an adult which I find weird as we are forcing kids into the Trafford Centre etc unaccompanied as the same restriction doesnt apply.

One step that would mean a lot is for ALL PL clubs to provide a chaperone service from bus/tram/rail to the ground and back again for kids over 11 years old and actually allow them into the ground. Football grounds are well enough policed for their safety to not be at risk surely?

fbloke said:
MaineRoadBlue said:

Its a problem City have less of an issue with than many other clubs but I agree that football isnt as easy for kids to attend as it was in my day.

You have to be accompanied by an adult which I find weird as we are forcing kids into the Trafford Centre etc unaccompanied as the same restriction doesnt apply.

One step that would mean a lot is for ALL PL clubs to provide a chaperone service from bus/tram/rail to the ground and back again for kids over 11 years old and actually allow them into the ground. Football grounds are well enough policed for their safety to not be at risk surely?

Yep. Even if just one block of the lower tier was sacrificed and sectioned off as the away fans are currently, then we could have a pay on the day, £5 entry for the 1st 1000 under 14's to turn up.

Is that really to difficult to achieve or subsidise to ensure we harvest fans for tomorrow. If it is a success then expand it more. In short, you reap what you sow!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.