Stadium Naming Rights / Press Conference [Merged]

Re: Stadium Naming Rights.

SouthStandStander said:
Falastur said:
WNRH said:
The Etihad Eastlands Arena? I think Eastlands will be incorporated in there somehow.

Well if you believe that Mirror story (which I am not entirely saying I do) the name is "Etihad Airways Stadium"

-- Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:44 am --

waspish said:
Why don't they give us 100 year sponsorship deal of 10m a year thats reasonable stick the billion in the bank and use the interest for players

Because in 10-15 years time that sponsorship would be lagging behind most other major clubs, so God help us how far behind we'd be in the year 2111, when we wouldn't even have received a single penny of sponsorship in 100 years? And because Etihad don't have a billion to pay up-front?

agree we wuold be lagging behind if the deal was for 100 years, but i reckon etihad could stump up a billion up front. billions are the new millons in abu dhabi

You seem to be making the mistake of believing that everyone born in the UAE is an oil baron :\ Just because Etihad may have a lot of connections to oil sheikhs doesn't mean that all of those sheikhs are willing to surrender large wads of their money so that someone else can make player purchases for his team to bypass rules set up to prevent such flagrant uses of money from happening - all, might I add, because that club's fans weren't happy to accept less-than-stellar signings every season. And do you not think that Etihad's shareholders might get a bit upset about being treated as political pawns to the tune of £1b, even if it wasn't directly their money? UAE companies don't exist just to serve us up ways of ignoring UEFA rules :\

Falastur said:
SouthStandStander said:
Falastur said:
Well if you believe that Mirror story (which I am not entirely saying I do) the name is "Etihad Airways Stadium"

-- Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:44 am --

Because in 10-15 years time that sponsorship would be lagging behind most other major clubs, so God help us how far behind we'd be in the year 2111, when we wouldn't even have received a single penny of sponsorship in 100 years? And because Etihad don't have a billion to pay up-front?

agree we wuold be lagging behind if the deal was for 100 years, but i reckon etihad could stump up a billion up front. billions are the new millons in abu dhabi

You seem to be making the mistake of believing that everyone born in the UAE is an oil baron :\ Just because Etihad may have a lot of connections to oil sheikhs doesn't mean that all of those sheikhs are willing to surrender large wads of their money so that someone else can make player purchases for his team to bypass rules set up to prevent such flagrant uses of money from happening - all, might I add, because that club's fans weren't happy to accept less-than-stellar signings every season. And do you not think that Etihad's shareholders might get a bit upset about being treated as political pawns to the tune of £1b, even if it wasn't directly their money? UAE companies don't exist just to serve us up ways of ignoring UEFA rules :\

ok calm down... didnt say they would stump up that amount, might i add, just pointing out that they could quite easily stump up that amount.

SouthStandStander said:
ok calm down... didnt say they would stump up that amount, just pointing out that they could quite easily stump up that amount.

Sorry mate. Spent the last two hours on the transfer forum having a similar debate with other posters who want to find ways of avoiding the regulations, and it feels weird that I seem to be the only one who believes that UEFA won't give us a head-pat for being so clever in finding the loopholes, but will in fact introduce new rules to make it harder for us...this on top of that I think about the board of Etihad and suspect that some of them might actually be quite offended if they read the way we talk about their company as a convenient money-making tool here.

I don't mean to offend, nor to appear angry, I'm simply concerned that the attitudes we're showing here suggest we're heading for a comeuppance...(or we would be if City's board agrees with the mindset of the fans)

Falastur said:
SouthStandStander said:
ok calm down... didnt say they would stump up that amount, just pointing out that they could quite easily stump up that amount.

Sorry mate. Spent the last two hours on the transfer forum having a similar debate with other posters who want to find ways of avoiding the regulations, and it feels weird that I seem to be the only one who believes that UEFA won't give us a head-pat for being so clever in finding the loopholes, but will in fact introduce new rules to make it harder for us...this on top of that I think about the board of Etihad and suspect that some of them might actually be quite offended if they read the way we talk about their company as a convenient money-making tool here.

I don't mean to offend, nor to appear angry, I'm simply concerned that the attitudes we're showing here suggest we're heading for a comeuppance...(or we would be if City's board agrees with the mindset of the fans)

i see what your saying, and i sort of agree. i think UEFA will scrutinise everything we do while trying to meet FFPR. but we are one of the most talked about clubs in world football, add to that fastest growing, and that will mean sponsorships come at a price due to the exposure. i think UEFA are going to find it hard to assess our deals in relation to other clubs.

Perhaps, though if you check Newsnow a load of stadium deal stories have just been published, and pretty much all of them say that UEFA plan to investigate us for simply having even as low as a £10m/year deal (if that is the actual figure). Now, I don't think they'll find anything even for a £15m/year deal unless they're going in already intending to find us guilty, but my point is, if they're asking questions just over this, imagine what they'd decide if we announced a deal where we got hundreds of millions up-front, straight away? They'd cross that out of our accounting books without a second thought.

Anyway, enough from me. Time for bed.

They can name the stadium what they like but for me it's been EASTLANDS since before we moved and always will be. All the newspapers and the media also refer to it as EASTLANDS, its now endemic

eastlandsblue.co.uk said:
They can name the stadium what they like but for me it's been EASTLANDS since before we moved and always will be. All the newspapers and the media also refer to it as EASTLANDS, its now endemic

think youve got your BM username glasses on :(

WNRH said:
The Etihad Eastlands Arena? I think Eastlands will be incorporated in there somehow.
The Etihad Manchester Stadium

Why Manchester in the name? I'm sure MCC will still want the Manchester title there and I suspect Etihad will be fine with that as Etihad already have a Etihad Stadium in Melbourne so Manchester differentiates it from that.

Manchester Arena? I doubt it. It's not really an arena though is it?

Little snippet from Fbloke

The upcoming stadium rights deal is going to be small beer compared to others.

Exciting times ahead!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.