Stadium Naming Rights / Press Conference [Merged]

Re: Stadium Naming Rights

Who cares it's a load more cash income they can't do anything about.

I hope people are sensible and look at the big picture on this.

I am actually pleasantly surprised they got the council and sports England to go for this but I guess spending 1 billion redeveloping east Manchester opens whatever doors you want in the end.

Re: Stadium Naming Rights.

Sky saying UEFA will investigate this due to the huge sums involved and its artificially inflating our turnover.

Strange, i heard nothing from Fifa when Barcelona announced a 150 million shirt sponsership last December. Arsenal signed a 100 million deal for the Emirites back in 2004, again not a peep from UEFA.

Laughable how when we do something they make comments

hertsblue said:
Sky saying UEFA will investigate this due to the huge sums involved and its artificially inflating our turnover.

Strange, i heard nothing from Fifa when Barcelona announced a 150 million shirt sponsership last December. Arsenal signed a 100 million deal for the Emirites back in 2004, again not a peep from UEFA.

Laughable how when we do something they make comments

The £100M deal done by Arsenal sets some sort of precedent, so UEFA
really cant say a god-damn thing ;-)

Happy days :-)

It was always going to be investigated because its's clear we are, (quite rightly), trying to get round the stupid rules FIFA introduced in the first place. The good Sheikh and his mates will have everything in place to show them during the investigation, smug grin included.

blinkblue said:
MOgdenTelegraph

Martin Ogden from the Telegraph:

EXCLUSIVE: Manchester City has agreed a naming rights deal for the City of Manchester Stadium with Etihad airline, two sources say.

-----------------------------------

I'm going for 'Etihad Arena'
The definition of an arena includes something that has a roof so a performance is enclosed within it.

danburge82 said:
blinkblue said:
MOgdenTelegraph

Martin Ogden from the Telegraph:

EXCLUSIVE: Manchester City has agreed a naming rights deal for the City of Manchester Stadium with Etihad airline, two sources say.

-----------------------------------

I'm going for 'Etihad Arena'
The definition of an arena includes something that has a roof so a performance is enclosed within it.

There is already an Etihad Arena, It'll be Etihad Stadium.

There's not going to be anything to investigate.

The Mets, a Major League Baseball team, don't have more fans than us and their stadium deal with Citi was worth $20m per season for 20 years, totaling $400m total. That was two years ago. AEG just announced a $700m deal over 30 years if a new NFL team arrives in LA. They currently by definition have no fans.

That's my proof that our naming deal is well within fair market value. Now prove me wrong. Good luck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.