Stadium Naming Rights / Press Conference [Merged]

Daily Mail at it already say we might have to face a probe to see if it complies with Fair Play Rules

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2012439/Manchester-City-net-120m-rename-Eastlands-Etihad-Stadium.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... adium.html</a>

Ctid42 said:
So manchester city have shown their cards with this deal, along with the shirt deal ths is nearly 15 mill a year income. The shirt eal will soon be running out and i bet that doubles in cost. I suppose the question is, it also means that advertising (or marketing messages) are going to be in-your-face, every time you turn around. What is the theoretical limit to our ability to absorb these messages? I just wonder, when, as people-being-marketed-to will we say: Enough! Stop! Or will we?.
I DONT WANT TO BECOME CORPORATE SCUM LIKE TRAFFORD UTD.

this is a bit suspicious...

Ctid42 said:
reddishblue said:
Ollie Holt from the Mirror is having a hissy fit

<a class="postlink" href="http://twitter.com/#!/OllieHoltMirror" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://twitter.com/#!/OllieHoltMirror</a>

Bittter bitter cnut.

Knob of the highest order
Twat who works for a crap paper

Forzacitizens said:
Ctid42 said:
So manchester city have shown their cards with this deal, along with the shirt deal ths is nearly 15 mill a year income. The shirt eal will soon be running out and i bet that doubles in cost. I suppose the question is, it also means that advertising (or marketing messages) are going to be in-your-face, every time you turn around. What is the theoretical limit to our ability to absorb these messages? I just wonder, when, as people-being-marketed-to will we say: Enough! Stop! Or will we?.

why is that?.

Ctid42 said:
Forzacitizens said:
Ctid42 said:

why is that?.

Raggy Rag Rag

BBC sport actually has the headline 'Man City to rename Eastlands', no one will call it the Etihad Stadium other than official press releases, media will still call it Eastlands and the fans Blue camp

Ctid42 said:
Forzacitizens said:
Ctid42 said:

why is that?.

Seeing "Etihad" on every page of the programme (either physical or on line), on every shirt, on every pint "glass" etc etc...ISN'T going to make me rush out and buy a flight to Abu Dhabi.

If...IF...I was ever planning a trip to Asia, Australia etc, it may make Etihad one of my considered options, but it in no way will MAKE me use them.

This time last year I flew with Emirates - because they were cheaper!

This sort of marketing doesn't bother me one bit!

Thaks for the cash, Etihad!

Ctid42 said:
So manchester city have shown their cards with this deal, along with the shirt deal ths is nearly 15 mill a year income. The shirt deal will soon be running out and i bet that doubles in cost. I suppose the question is, it also means that advertising (or marketing messages) are going to be in-your-face, every time you turn around. What is the theoretical limit to our ability to absorb these messages? I just wonder, when, as people-being-marketed-to will we say: Enough! Stop! Or will we?.
siren.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.