Stadium Naming Rights / Press Conference [Merged]

£15M per year FOR THE STADIUM NAME if I've understood. No comment on the campus or the rest. Brilliant business. Could easily be £30M and Platini can't touch it! Genius business tactics<br /><br />-- Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:52 pm --<br /><br />And it's pi55ed of bobby charlton. They know what this means! Ha ha ha ha

I've not got a great deal of knowledge of American sports, but can any of our cousins across the pond tell me if there are similar set-ups over there?

Cookie obviously has a lot of experience of the American way of doing things, so maybe if there are similar 'campus sponsorship' deals over there this could give us an insight into estimates for figures?

It would also act as a defence if FFPR decides to investigate the deal (although there appears to be doubts they can do that as Etihad are not strictly a 'related party'). If current set-ups in America achieve a certain amount of sponsorship then we can use them to demonstrate that this is 'fair market value'.

All in all, the boys have done it again. Unquestionably fantastic business acumen. Well done Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon, Cook and everybody else involved.

MATCITY said:
Matty said:
paulbarraclough said:
the city is yours the city is yours sponsered by Etihad the city is yours ha ha ha the club that keeps on giving us red mancs a good laugh champions see you on wembley way again for youre annual beating

Banned.
is this him by any chance
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1012819_fans_still_waitng_for_tickets

They've actually been posted, he's just too fat and lazy to get up off his arse and go and pick them up off the doormat.

Great bit of business this, never had any doubt that our owners would have the people in place to deal with this FFPL malarky.

Chairman Wesker said:
genius just going from 1 of sheikh mansour's bank accounts to another and gives us what an extra £10M a year in revenue? this is the start of many loopholes in the FFPR system that His royal highness will find and act accordingly.

Not really, ETIHAD is not his company..not in a legal sense in any way.
Just one of many assets belonging to the Abu-Dhabi government.
Ok, said government is a family thing but in a legal sense it´s not a Mansour company.

Never really liked Cook before, but yes, handled it well today. Gazza sorry I was wrong about you

It just shows how far we´ve come since the takeover and GCs appointment. The air of confidence and authority in that presser was fookin awesome. We look and sound like a club about to go stratospheric. The difference in professionalism on the corporate and marketing side compared to 3 or 4 years ago is frankly mind blowing. The rags must be thinking we really have arrived whether they like it or not and I bet there was a grudging admiration from them at executive level watching us announce that deal today. Of course the rag press tried their best today, especially directing themselves to the MCC leader who then reminded them of the huge increase in reveue the city council would be receiving. They really didn´t want to know that did they, prefering to give M/c taxpayers the spurious impression that City were taking them to the cleaners.
Top job from all today

Pathetic: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/868740-manchester-city-unwittingly-name-etihad-stadium-in-honour-of-rivals-united#ixzz1RXD5Ao4M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/8 ... z1RXD5Ao4M</a>

mike channon´s windmill said:
It just shows how far we´ve come since the takeover and GCs appointment. The air of confidence and authority in that presser was fookin awesome. We look and sound like a club about to go stratospheric.
Totally agree, he's a top man, pity he's as good as left tho, he's got one foot back in the states already, I mean 3 wks in tinseltown for a pre-season?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.