Stadium Shop Parking

Tram? Walk? Bike? Bus? Come on you lazy twats that's how the rest of us manage.
Are you trolling or serious here?

You'd expect an elderly person, someone in a wheelchair and or other disabilities to walk all that way to give their money to the club?
The club should be putting out all stops to encourage trade and help their supporters.

*if city are running those mobility golf buggies on non matchday then fair play to them. These do help blues.

It is funny these days though as many moons ago it you went to the city of Manchester stadium it would be literally ghost town on a non matchday, maybe the odd bloke walking with his dog.

Now you struggle to get a parking space on non matchdays and there's an increasing amount of Tourists stood outside taking selfies.
It's packed lol.

To be honest it's fooking overpriced anyway, even with 10% off with season cards you can still get most, if not all of their merchandise cheaper elsewhere. And if it can be gotten cheaper elsewhere then why bother with the club shop.
Won't be using the shop again...well done City.

Are you trolling or serious here?

You'd expect an elderly person, someone in a wheelchair and or other disabilities to walk all that way to give their money to the club?
The club should be putting out all stops to encourage trade and help their supporters.

*if city are running those mobility golf buggies on non matchday then fair play to them. These do help blues.

It is funny these days though as many moons ago it you went to the city of Manchester stadium it would be literally ghost town on a non matchday, maybe the odd bloke walking with his dog.

Now you struggle to get a parking space on non matchdays and there's an increasing amount of Tourists stood outside taking selfies.
It's packed lol.
It was meant to be a joke. But just to put you in the picture I have been to the club shop on non match days about 6 times using public transport or walking last Nov I had my 73 birthday, suggest you have a look at any School around 8.30 or 15.30 and see the carryings on regarding parking.

PS have a bike and a car.

The club are probably undertaking works in that area(Some mention the expansion). It could even be moving bits of the shop/City sq, kiosks or even refurb of ticket office. Wait and see.

i went down for a ticket for the semi 2nd leg on the afternoon of the match...i was directed to the blue car park off Alan Turing way....i was then told it was £10 deposit to park as it was match day......

On a slightly different but equally frustrating topic, I am staggered that disabled parking is seemingly only available in the Blue Car Park, which has to be one of the furthest distance away from the stadium. Up to the start of this season, it used to be possible to park in the Orange car park, with an area reserved for disabled supporters, which although still presenting difficulties, was far more " user friendly " and accessible and a shorter distance than the Blue Car Park.

I fully realise that the number of accessible parking spaces for disabled supporters will not always be able to cater for the full demand, but surely a dedicated area in a more accessible location could have been provided.

I am more than happy to pay the £10 parking fee, in order to be able to take a disabled relative to enjoy the games, but often the physical difficulties and stress of facing such a long access up the hill together with the location of the parking , acts as a demotivating element to the individual concerned. Sad to say that we have missed a number of games this season because of this factor, and yet we are seasoncard holders.

I have yet to have been able to actually speak to the Disability Officer about this topic, as the individual never seems to be present at the ground.

As far as the Stadium Shop is concerned, the prices are too expensive , despite the discount for being seasoncard holders, and can usually find a cheaper and more accessible alternative, without the hassle of having to trek up Joe Mercer Way !

So that's the end of my shopping at the city store then. I was there 2 weeks ago and they were doing a
survey on entering and when you were leaving car parks. Knew they were up to some thing.
I won't be able to walk up now with my disability and will have to go else where.
Undeliverable piss poor idea!!!!!!!

Just received this standard response, must be sending the same to anyone who queries it as it ignores my comments about people who find it hard to walk - esp up that hill (and most are not registered disabled), on matchdays they give you that silly buggy, but not now either..

Thank you for your email.

Over the last few years the Etihad Campus has seen significant changes such as:

§The Metrolink running through the Etihad Campus within City Square

§The South Stand stadium expansion

§The opening of the City Football Academy and Academy Stadium

These significant and exciting changes have increased the number of visitors to the campus both on matchdays and non-matchdays.

You will also be aware of recent global events and the necessity for the Club to ensure that the safety and security of all visitors to the Etihad Campus be at the forefront of our operation.

With that in mind, the following non-matchday procedure for the Etihad Stadium site will be trialled from Monday 7 March 2016.

ACCESS TO THE TICKET OFFICE, CITY STORE AND STADIUM TOURS

Supporters visiting the above will park in Blue car park (gate 2), and walk up Joe Mercer Way. The postcode for this car park is M11 3DU.

Disabled supporters with a Blue Badge will be able to access the Ticket Office and City Store via the main entrance on Rowsley Street (Gate 11). Supporters will be required to show their Blue Badge and the photo will also be checked to ensure that the disabled supporter is present. They will then be able to park in a disabled perimeter bay close to the City Store.

A parking map for the stadium can be found here.

There are no changes to the existing matchday parking operation, details of which are always included in the matchday service information posted on the website.

Keep up to date with the Club’s latest ticket news and service information via our official service Twitter account, @MCFCHELP.

Thank you for your continued support and co-operation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.