Stadium Shop Parking

So .... it's beyond the capabilities of a potential terrorist to get hold of a Blue Badge and still be able to drive in ...?

From Kevin Parker:

Further to the email last week here is an update with some more info re the reason for those visiting the Etihad now needing to park in North Car Park

"The purpose of this trial is not to inconvenience supporters, however due to the increased traffic, the number of pedestrians walking around the site and recent global events, it is important that we provide a safe and secure environment for all. A full site assessment has recently been carried out. As a result of this assessment and subsequent recommendations, along with additional security measures out in place by other high profile venues, the Club felt it was necessary to implement these changes, initially on a non-matchday. The feedback from the trial will be reviewed and learnings taken in relation to any further changes that may need to be made. Whilst the Club appreciate this does not alleviate all risk, it is a significant step to ensuring there is reduced vehicle movement and that parking around the stadium perimeter is within a 'controlled zone'. "

From Kevin Parker:

Further to the email last week here is an update with some more info re the reason for those visiting the Etihad now needing to park in North Car Park

"The purpose of this trial is not to inconvenience supporters, however due to the increased traffic, the number of pedestrians walking around the site and recent global events, it is important that we provide a safe and secure environment for all. A full site assessment has recently been carried out. As a result of this assessment and subsequent recommendations, along with additional security measures out in place by other high profile venues, the Club felt it was necessary to implement these changes, initially on a non-matchday. The feedback from the trial will be reviewed and learnings taken in relation to any further changes that may need to be made. Whilst the Club appreciate this does not alleviate all risk, it is a significant step to ensuring there is reduced vehicle movement and that parking around the stadium perimeter is within a 'controlled zone'. "
Feel free to give him my feedback.

(1) It does nothing to enhance security and safety; and

(2) It greatly inconveniences supporters, mostly us locals, who like to pop in to the store and ticket office in our lunch hours and so on.

this is a complete sham - I'll put money on there being an element of keeping the paparazi out too - might have to start bringing my M-I-L out for any visit to the shop so we can use her blue badge and continue to park in a sensible place

you used to be able to drive pretty much anywhere on the campus - I've got a photo of one of my cars parked about 10 feet away from the front of the Commonwealth Suite glass doors - taken before they built the little 'secure zone' barriers around it to keep the great unwashed away on match day

From Kevin Parker:

Kevin Parker, you Sir are a wanker and an arrogant wanker at that.

I think that's unfair - he's just trotting out the party line - which he publicly has to
Maybe the Official Supporters Club (there's a clue in the name) should do less trotting out the party line and actually stand up for its members, many of whom will have been inconvenienced by this. I wonder if he's had a reply to his email asking the club to review pricing in light of season after season of increases and vastly increased revenue from TV?

It's fucking murder on non match days,it's like the M6 on a Friday afternoon,cars everywhere.....NOT !!

Speed bumps all around the stadium,not a chance of a car accident or some **** being knocked down,like I said in a previous post there is no point them having 12 working in that shop from now on during the week,super City pissing on their fans again shocker......they will soon change their mind when takings plummet,which they will

Maybe the Official Supporters Club (there's a clue in the name) should do less trotting out the party line and actually stand up for its members, many of whom will have been inconvenienced by this. I wonder if he's had a reply to his email asking the club to review pricing in light of season after season of increases and vastly increased revenue from TV?

Well said PB, the OFFICIAL Supporters Club is surely for the SUPPORTERS and just in case anyone is in any doubt that's FANS, people who have supported the club through thick and thin.

It's fucking murder on non match days,it's like the M6 on a Friday afternoon,cars everywhere.....NOT !!

Speed bumps all around the stadium,not a chance of a car accident or some **** being knocked down,like I said in a previous post there is no point them having 12 working in that shop from now on during the week,super City pissing on their fans again shocker......they will soon change their mind when takings plummet,which they will

Maybe this is part of the 'rationale' let's not have a shop let's make them do all the shopping online?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.