Stadium Shop Parking

That said, walking over the bridge ain't a big deal for the vast majority and blue badge holders still have access to the immediate parking!

But not everyone who has difficulties has a Blue Badge. For example I can walk a certain distance but I have difficulty on slopes and would find it almost impossible to walk up Joe Mercer way and definitely not over the bridge across the main road.

Granted I do not go into the shop as often as I used to but I do go in often enough for this to be a nuisance and an inconvenience. Yes I could buy the things online but I am a little old fashioned in that I like to see the items I am buying before I purchase.

This is my view of the jobsworthy employee who came up with this idea.

Health & Safety – cars and people don’t mix well, one soft and breakable the other weighs a ton.

Terrorism – don’t want anyone smuggling something in a parked car and using it in the shop or around the stadium.

Now flaws in the thinking behind the decision and they are really difficult to spot unless you are a manager and you feel you have to justify your position from time to time by making changes.

1) There are a lot more people to hit with your car on a match day, or are they banning cars on match day to? If the risk is low on a match day it’s a lot lower when there is only about half a dozen cars around.

2) Any terrorist with one brain cell would find it illogical to attack the Etihad on a day when you would have to hang around waiting for someone to attack them when you have 50,000 people around on a match day. With all those around you don’t need a car.

Here is my suggestion City – move the guy before he can do more damage, make him a car park attendant we obviously need them around the stadium midweek!!!

Granted I do not go into the shop as often as I used to but I do go in often enough for this to be a nuisance and an inconvenience. Yes I could buy the things online but I am a little old fashioned in that I like to see the items I am buying before I purchase.
I agree with you, things never look the same online as when viewed in person. Most of the stuff in the shop is frankly not worth the price asked, and I for one don't want to walk around advertising our sponsors.

Will not bother me at all as I hardly ever go in there anyway.

But not everyone who has difficulties has a Blue Badge. For example I can walk a certain distance but I have difficulty on slopes and would find it almost impossible to walk up Joe Mercer way and definitely not over the bridge across the main road.

OK point taken. I am a fan of the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" rationale so the Club have scored an OG with these parking changes!

You didn't read my earlier post where the staff told me they couldn't park there either. On the gate they told me it was for 'security reasons' and it sounded quite permanent to me.

So now I'll have to drag my Rag Dad with me [as he has a blue badge] so I can drive in, if I've understood that correctly.

OK it's bad on the staff too. Someone will be on the make / take though!

Did City say - it is going to be TRIALLED................yeh right!
When the visits to the shop become less and less - Merchandise Too dear anyway...........They will probably have to rethink........

Just another rule brought in on the back of safety , just like don't stand on the blue squares inside the ground & numerouse others, this country is full of jobsworth so who come up with crap like this.I often drive to the shop on my dinner hour to buy a few bits but no more, City you just lost a customer. Wonder what else they can dream up to inconvenience us further in this country terrified of its own shadow.

The email we received on Wednesday said they were trialling it.
How do you trial a security risk improvement? If after a month no one has blown up the stadium and no one has been run over is that considered a success despite it never happening before the new trial..??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.