Stairway to Heaven court case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Met JPJ who came across as a really down to earth bloke.

Heard through friends in the business that Page is just a total diva who expects everyone to treat him like royalty. Bit weird that seeing as he just played old, traditional blues riffs but with his chest out. Became a pretty sloppy guitarist once the drugs started to take effect but still a good musician.

Their legal team has been working quietly and efficiently throughout the years since Bonham died. All the while, Page has been nicking bits and bobs from all over the world, including this by the sounds of things.

That being said, is this bloke from Spirit really going to pretend he was the first one to play an arpeggiated walk down?

Hei snt even that good a guitarist. I remember seeing this years ago on MTV, who tries to solo on a 12 string?! Sounds fucking awful

Randy California has been dead since 1997. He saved his son's life while swimming in the ocean in Hawaii. His body never was recovered. I believe the lawsuit is being carried out by his mother. If there was a rip off, he didn't care enough to do anything about it. Spirit was a great group that ended up in legal wranglings and pathetic comeback concerts. Randy Califormia deserves to be remembered as more than just a side note in music history, but for the talent he was. He just lived a very sad and tortured life.

Last edited:
It would be ludicrous if they got an equal credit with Page & Plant, it's only a small part of the song, but I guess even if you wrote one line of the lyric you'd get an equal credit, that's how it works I assume. They've had to add credits for other songs over the years, particularly Whole Lotta Love [Willie Dixon]
The Small Faces get nothing:

This was the best for me, a driving Hammond and the best White soulman ever.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

He's got a point. Depends what he means by "good".

People like Satriani, Vai, Gilbert etc have shown consistently flawless technical ability throughout their careers. However, I think they're awful musicians for the most part with little respect for nuance or dynamism.

Page, on the other hand, seemed to seriously decline throughout the 70s and fumbled his way through live performances of songs like Since I've Been Loving You. At a guess I'd say that he was just living too hedonistic a lifestyle to not become sloppy.

However, Page has always been miles ahead of the guitarists mentioned above because he's served his bands' music as a whole rather than simply being the guy who shreds for the adulation of guitar nerds. Still a miles better guitarist than I could ever hope to be and still massively talented in that respect.

I'd rather listen to a good band than a great guitarist. Jimmy Page was a great guitarist in a phenomenal band.

*no offence to any lurking Vai/ Satriani/ Gilbert fans or guitar nerds*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.