Stan Collymore

For what it's worth, I think it's Stan usual victim mentality coming out.

I think he's very capable of making reasonable points on a wide range of issues, but he's specifically very outspoken about racism in this country, but people will forever dismiss anything he ever says with "meh, tell that to Ulrika you scumbag" - and that may be filed under "bed made, no sympathy", which ok, fair enough, but it doesn't detract from the actual substance.

I think he's very capable of making reasonable points on a wide range of issues, but he's specifically very outspoken about racism in this country, but people will forever dismiss anything he ever says with "meh, tell that to Ulrika you scumbag" - and that may be filed under "bed made, no sympathy", which ok, fair enough, but it doesn't detract from the actual substance.
Hitting a woman is never going to win him much respect with me or anyone but my personal main hate with him is him posting a picture on twitter of a snake almost severed in two when Delph was badly injured playing for England.

As for him making good points.....good luck with that one, I'm willing to be proven wrong if you can be arsed searching for stuff, afterall a clock is right at least once a day but I'm not sure Stanloi is.

Last edited:
Hitting a woman is never going to win him much respect with me or anyone but my personal main hate with him is him posting a picture on twitter of a snake almost severed in two when Delph was badly injured playing for England.

As for him making good points.....good luck with that one, I'm willing to be proven wrong if you can be arsed searching for stuff, afterall a clock is right at least once a day but I'm not sure Stanloi is.

I mean, fair enough, I don't have much time for him myself, but a lot of the responses he gets to making fairly reasonable, sometimes even great, observations/arguments is bringing up bad stuff he's done in the past, which again fair enough, bed made, I have no problem with it, but it still doesn't take away from the substance.

It's shooting down a good message because people don't like the messenger, which, again fair enough, but if only we could acknowledge that that is what's happening :)

he's specifically very outspoken about racism in this country, but people will forever dismiss anything he ever says with "meh, tell that to Ulrika you scumbag" - and that may be filed under "bed made, no sympathy", which ok, fair enough, but it doesn't detract from the actual substance.
Unless he’s slagging off our “Arab” owner. Maybe he just has an issue with racism towards black people so thinks it’s ok to be a racist bigot towards our owner’s heritage?

I mean, fair enough, I don't have much time for him myself, but a lot of the responses he gets to making fairly reasonable, sometimes even great, observations/arguments is bringing up bad stuff he's done in the past, which again fair enough, bed made, I have no problem with it, but it still doesn't take away from the substance.

It's shooting down a good message because people don't like the messenger, which, again fair enough, but if only we could acknowledge that that is what's happening :)
As he alluded to in his tweet, he’s only offered platforms to discuss racism in football because he’s black/mixed race. I mean who’d want to talk to him about his “20 year” football career.

Can you point to some of these ‘good messages’ from Stan?

Not if the clock is running two minutes fast!

just saying :-(

Unless he’s slagging off our “Arab” owner. Maybe he just has an issue with racism towards black people so thinks it’s ok to be a racist bigot towards our owner’s heritage?

I'd love to see some examples of this tbh.

As he alluded to in his tweet, he’s only offered platforms to discuss racism in football because he’s black/mixed race. I mean who’d want to talk to him about his “20 year” football career.

Then why invite him on the show at all? The complaint that he only gets an invite to talk on national television when it's concerning controversial incidents involving the colour of his skin isn't unique to him at all. It's a common complaint ethnic minorities regularly point out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.