Standing Room for Cup

fy6blue said:
There is no such thing as safe standing. You could fall over at anytime. Sitting is almost as perilous. Lying down is the only safe way to watch any sport as you are already on the ground.

Since standing up is dangerous I think we should ban it from life and all sit in wheelchairs to get around...

kippaxchris said:
Lavinda Past said:
First - The cost would be prohibitive for most clubs

Second - Have you seen how 'safe standing' works? It's not what you'd expect...I don't think you'll like it!

Third - I don't think we could get it in place for tomorrow...

What is safe standing?
Something like that.
16012010420.jpg

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Lavinda Past said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Clubs promoted into the Championship have three seasons to convert to all seated.

-- Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:57 pm --

Because when you sit down your body is covering two steps, the one your feet are on and the one your arse sits over. Standing means you only need one step per person.

I think you'll find that safe standing involves removal of the seat and installation of a barrier on the step. Only a certain number of people would be allowed on each row. You'd probably still have a ticket for a designated row.

I don't think there would be a significant increase in numbers. It's designed just to allow people to stand safely...

Oh for fucks sake.....
The seat is already attached to the barrier. For games it is required to be used (European / International games) the seat is unlocked and capacity reduced (though the seat itself is not used).
For every 1000 seats, 1800 can stand (apparently 9 people take up the space of 10 seated)
So an area of 3000 seated caters for 5400 standers. That is a significant increase.

It depends on what you consider to be significant MES. If we were to put 3000 of the 'standing' seats at each end, we'd increase our capacity by 10%...

If you think the club would introduce more than 6000 standing seats, fair enough... but I don't think they'll do that. Look around level 1 - Many of the old codgers in CB1 couldn't atke 45 minutes standing up...

;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.