StandUpSitDown

I would be highly in favour of 'safe standing' areas.

The only thing is, I would then want standing in the seating areas banned - apart from getting up to cheer goals, etc. A lot of the present problems arise from people who want to sit down finding themselves behind people who want to stand up. Why not have a standing area at the rear of each section?

BrianW said:
I would be highly in favour of 'safe standing' areas.

The only thing is, I would then want standing in the seating areas banned - apart from getting up to cheer goals, etc. A lot of the present problems arise from people who want to sit down finding themselves behind people who want to stand up. Why not have a standing area at the rear of each section?
Because I like to stand however I don't want to have to be in a shit area. Make a standing stand.

supercity36 said:
TheLegendOfBerti said:
all this means is that you have to sit or stand for 90 minutes.

IMO it's a bad idea.

the regular lads on the old kippax or kop didnt seem to mind

sorry for being brought up in a different era then.

if those days were right, theyd still be here. The fact they're not tells you to get over it.

TheLegendOfBerti said:
supercity36 said:
the regular lads on the old kippax or kop didnt seem to mind

if those days were right, theyd still be here. The fact they're not tells you to get over it.

it tells you that hillsborough (even though it was VERY tragic and RIP to the 96) was blown WAY WAY out of proportion and everyone overreacted, forcing all seater stadiums we have today.

supercity36 said:
TheLegendOfBerti said:

it tells you that hillsborough (even though it was VERY tragic and RIP to the 96) was blown WAY WAY out of proportion and everyone overreacted, forcing all seater stadiums we have today.

fair enough, but coming from the era when it has been all seater the doubts will forever linger.

TheLegendOfBerti said:
supercity36 said:

fair enough, but coming from the era when it has been all seater the doubts will forever linger.

i AM from that era, and i think as long as numbers are controlled and policed properly, it could easily work

i agree with supercity 36. heres a question, how can rugby have standing sections at the grounds and be safe but football cant? your even allowed to drink alcohol in the stands at rugby. yes, our sport has been plagued by hooliganism in the past but with cctv these days thats more or less been eradicated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.