Starting 11 next season

SuperYaya said:
-----------Aguero
------Jovetic - Silva - Navas
-------Fernandinho - Yaya
Clichy - Nasty - Kompany - Zabaleta
-------------Hart

Front four can rearrange to accommodate Negredo and Dzeko every now and then.

Looks good, Id have Kolarov instead of Clichy and Negredo or Dzeko in that line up

rastus said:
SuperYaya said:
-----------Aguero
-------------Hart

Looks good, Id have Kolarov instead of Clichy and Negredo or Dzeko in that line up
Kolarov, god no. Clichy every day of the week.

TheMaineRoad said:
rastus said:
SuperYaya said:
-----------Aguero
-------------Hart

Kolarov, god no. Clichy every day of the week.
Fair enough, but imo I do rate him above clichy.... anyway back back to my medication

green pennies said:
aguerooo93 said:
I think the strength in depth we have combined with Pellegrini's fondness of tactical flexibility, I can see us rotating regularly throughout the league, the cups and the CL unlike Mancini (who opted for a first XI regularly).

If I had to choose two main starting XIs one would be a 4-3-3 and the other a 4-2-3-1.

4-3-3: Hart - Clichy, Nastasic, Kompany, Zabaleta - Toure, Fernandinho, Silva - Jovetic, Aguero, Navas.

4-2-3-1: Hart - Clichy, Nastasic, Kompany, Zabaleta - Toure, Fernandinho - Silva, Aguero, Navas - Negredo

I think we might opt for the 4-3-3 in CL games where retaining possession is vital. The 4-2-3-1 would be a deadly side against weaker league teams and in the cups.

It's hard to see how Rodwell, Nasri and Dzeko would figure regularly. Though Rodwell could probably clearly cover for Yaya for the African Cup of Nations and in the League Cup or in the case of injuries etc. Nasri (and possibly even Milner and Sinclair) could fill in for Silva, Jovetic and Navas. No real place for Dzeko though as he can hardly play alongside negredo (he's too similar).

My big question is this: will we see Yaya rotated at all under Pellegrini? (Not counting ACON.) those rumors about him contractually starting every match notwithstanding, we do have Rodwell and Fernandinho.. It seems that Jack is being groomed for big things. Seems hard to believe we will only use him as a backup.. I'm not saying it should happen often, but can anyone see this happening to keep Ol' Horseheart fresh? Or is it gonna be if Yaya is available, he plays no question?

Of course the other option is that Rodwell slots in for Fernandinho here and there. More likely? Or some combination of the two?

ChicagoBlue said:
There is no ACON this year!

I think Pellegrini will last more than one year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.