Starting a youth football team – Advice

PaulPowerShower

Anyone done it?

I live in Newton Heath - it’s a shit hole, the poverty is getting worse and there is absolutely fuck all for youths to do.

I’ve been thinking about setting up a youth football team – under 16’s probably. Anyone ever done it and have the scars to prove it?

15 year olds around Newton Heath don’t have a pot to piss in so any funding can’t come from them. Most of their parents don’t have any cash either. So Money is going to be a huge problem

Sunday football probably. It’s not going to be a ‘blue’ related team – We have City for that. It need to be an independent

Any thoughts about any of the above would be very welcome.

Hi mate, my old fella is chairman of a football club here in Poynton. They start from u8 to open age. If you need any help or advice give us a pm and i'll get you some contact details. He's always willing to help.

Played in many but never ran one.

Have you thought about approaching Leagues in the area to see how much it would cost (if anything) to join the League?

Also, how about speaking to the local council to see if you can get some form of assistance, either free pitch to play on or possbly play all your matches away.

You need to speak to the Manchester FA
Manchester Football Association
Manchester Communications Academy
Silchester Drive
Harpurhey
Manchester
M40 8NT

0161 203 2990

You will need to be affiliated to the FA to join a junior league.

Manchester FA will be able to help you with finding a league to play in and any potential funding that is available.

This is a useful website too
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballhelp.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballhelp.co.uk/</a>

Good luck with it mate, football is great for young kids, being part of a team, working together, visiting places outside their own little world, meeting new people, respecting refs and other players, fitness, eating well, etc, etc.

i cannot help you but may know somone who can, PM me for details, you will need a facebook account the pal

It would be really hard to start an independent under 16's football team. Look at speaking to a club in your area, Avro, Failsworth Town, Failsworth Dynamo's, or one of the Moston clubs they are all decent clubs. Unless you have a few quid to spare it will be expensive to run without money from elsewhere, there are no grants for boys football only girls. To get a pitch would cost £700, kit £600, refs £25 a home game, FA affiliation and league fees it all adds up.

Bluebee2 said:
It would be really hard to start an independent under 16's football team. Look at speaking to a club in your area, Avro, Failsworth Town, Failsworth Dynamo's, or one of the Moston clubs they are all decent clubs. Unless you have a few quid to spare it will be expensive to run without money from elsewhere, there are no grants for boys football only girls. To get a pitch would cost £700, kit £600, refs £25 a home game, FA affiliation and league fees it all adds up.

Good advice, you also need support of the kids parents too before you begin - no point starting the team up if they can't get to away games because you've only 2 cars!
You also will need to be CRB checked and (not 100% sure) under go a first aid course.

But best of luck :)

Check it out. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.calmsoccer.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.calmsoccer.com</a> Interesting

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.