Starting to lose its soul ?

guvnors son mcfc

I don't know how about everyone else but when we beat Everton in 1981 at the 6th round stage, the 52,000 crammed into Maine Road exploded at the final whistle.

Yesterday we reached the FA cup semi final and at the final whistle the place was half empty. I know the game was over once the first goal went in but I include myself in the fact that I didn't get excited at the fact we had reached another Semi final in probably the biggest club cup competition in the world with the exception of Champions league of course.

I fear with our new found wealth and success that this "non-plus" feeling will get worse as the trophies and finals continue to arrive.

I hope not :(

I was buzzing until i got in the car home and had to listening to people phoning into GMR moaning about this that & the other!!!
Anyway circumstance stopped me going last time so defo going this time & can't wait.

Yeah, I know what you're saying here.

I mean obvs Barnsley were totally outclassed and the game as a contest was a non event but there was a feeling that everyone was a bit blasé and roll on Wembley. Even 5 years ago getting to the Semi Final of the cup would have been huge but now this is the kind of thing that's expected and the norm. Takes time to mentally adjust to that I suppose.

Sign of the times The FA cup has lost a lot of its panache and we can partly blame the club up the road for this, Also was the result ever really in doubt? We thrashed a better team in Leeds

That quarter final you were talking about was a fantastic night and one of the best atmospheres I have ever been involved in, I was 15 years old and was awestruck ,yesterday like you said the game was over from the moment the first goal went in against a very poor team.
I personally was like that 15 year old boy again last night and have the little hangover to prove it , been looking at train prices for that weekend can't wait .

you have to put wah game into context

my feeling was that we kinda of all knew barnsley were going to get it

Inter Me Nan said:
I was buzzing until i got in the car home and had to listening to people phoning into GMR moaning about this that & the other!!!
Anyway circumstance stopped me going last time so defo going this time & can't wait.
Think it was a rag infested phone-in despite Wagg trying to get them to give their blue history.

"Its a joke -We should be scoring more against Barnsley if United can score 4 at home against Norwich", from a caller who had suggested Gleghorn was a legend and great player as his opening gambit

From another - "Mancini clearly arguing with Tevez when he came off why did he not give him a hug" ffs

Shit fans, rather we knocked the 3rd tiers off as they offer fuck all to the atmospere. Leaving with 15 minutes to go the sad cunts. And jesus the amount of half n half scarves are crazy. Love citeh hate city fans.We are in a semi final and all people were arsed about was beating the traffic!

guvnors son mcfc said:
I don't know how about everyone else but when we beat Everton in 1981 at the 6th round stage, the 52,000 crammed into Maine Road exploded at the final whistle.

Yesterday we reached the FA cup semi final and at the final whistle the place was half empty. I know the game was over once the first goal went in but I include myself in the fact that I didn't get excited at the fact we had reached another Semi final in probably the biggest club cup competition in the world with the exception of Champions league of course.

I fear with our new found wealth and success that this "non-plus" feeling will get worse as the trophies and finals continue to arrive.

I hope not :(

If we'd have won yesterday 1-0 with a last min goal then yes.. but the game was over after 20 mins..

Anyway its finals that are important...not semis.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.