Bale

Aguero

Bale-----Aguero--Silva
--------Pogba--YaYa
-------------Fernandinho
Kolarov--Mangala--Kompany--Zabaleta
------------------Hart

Manager: Brian Kidd

I have a feeling we will be stuck with Pelle next season until pep.

Manager: Pellegrini

Hart

Zabaletta------Kompany------Mangala------Cresswell

Dhino-----Koke

Sterling---------------Silva----------------De Bruyne

Aguero

Bench: Caballero, Denayer, Demichelis, Barkley, Bony, Navas, Brahimi

I won't like to see it, but Manuel will probably be here come September, because we are 'waiting for Pep'...and then he will probably decline us and stay with Bayern after winning a steaming hot treble. Oh well, we are 'stuck' with Paddy then!

Both Hart and Caballero will stay I think, and if Wright goes then we would have to promote Gunn.

Zaba and Clichy will likely stay, and I would keep Sagna and sell Kolarov because Kolarov will likely drop us some money when he goes and Sagna will give us less than his wages. The academy duo will go on loan or feature a little, and then take over from the aforementioned two veterans. We would have to take in a left back, who could be Angelino but wouldn't be, so we will probably buy Kurzawa. I like the sight of Cresswell but I think in these circumstances he will be even more expensive than Kurzawa.

Kompany, Mangala and Demi will stay, and Boyata will fuck off, and by the look of things Denayer will fill his role and Rekik will go on loan. I don't have much confidence in this centre half team neither but I don't think there is a particular option with enough class but is cheap enough. Hummels is made of glass and I won't have him if Klopp doesn't take over.

I think the two Ferns should stay and Yaya should go. Pogba and Koke are both talked about a lot but we face hard competition and I think the chances are around one tenths at best. Pogba is likely off to Madrid or Paris, and I think Koke will stay at Atletico.

But we do have a chance with the player that bounces off the team 'if' Pogba goes to Madrid. Kroos and James isn't viable, but we may have a chance with Modric if we do well. He won't be that expensive as he is a bit old, but that precisely is the reason why we wouldn't want him if we don't. I'm 50:50 on this one and it probably won't happen as well. If things go well and Yaya goes to PSG we should ask them about Verratti but if I were Paris I would never sell. If he goes to Inter...their midfielders are no better than Dinho, so no. I would love Pjanic but we don't seem to have interest in him. Stay clear of Henderson or Barkley please. If Gundogan or Schneiderlin is cheap go for them. We may use Zuculini a little, he looked decent enough.

Sterling will be buyable and probably will be here(please) if we don't drop out of CL. I would like Bale, maybe it's a possibility too. Reus would be ideal, but KDB would be good too. Nasri should be shifted out and Lopes should be in the team. Not a lot of worries with this position. Dzeko and Jovetic will earn us some money hopefully, and we may buy one striker. Lacazette would be good.

What it will be

hart. Pellegrini
zab
Komp
Mangala
Clichy
Fernandinho
Fernando
De bruyne
Silva
Barkley
Aguero

km09 said:
What it will be

hart. Pellegrini
zab
Komp
Mangala
Clichy
Fernandinho
Fernando
De bruyne
Silva
Barkley
Aguero

If that's the team and Manuel stays we will struggle to make top 3 let alone challenge for the title. In fact we won't make top 3.

dubblue said:
km09 said:
What it will be

hart. Pellegrini
zab
Komp
Mangala
Clichy
Fernandinho
Fernando
De bruyne
Silva
Barkley
Aguero

If that's the team and Manuel stays we will struggle to make top 3 let alone challenge for the title. In fact we won't make top 3.

It's certainly a sight more realistic than some of the fantasists on here, who think Pogba, Isco, Reus, Bale & Co, are going to ignore the overtures - which they will most assuredly get - from Munich, Madrid, Barca and even the shitting rags, in favour of signing for City

Exeter Blue I am here said:
dubblue said:
km09 said:
What it will be

hart. Pellegrini
zab
Komp
Mangala
Clichy
Fernandinho
Fernando
De bruyne
Silva
Barkley
Aguero

It's certainly a sight more realistic than some of the fantasists on here, who think Pogba, Isco, Reus, Bale & Co, are going to ignore the overtures - which they will most assuredly get - from Munich, Madrid, Barca and even the shitting rags, in favour of signing for City

What can those clubs offer that we can't? If we want them, we have a fair chance of attracting some of them. If not, we may as well just fuck it off aiming to win the CL, or even the Title again, and settle for battling for 4th with the odd cup run. Pretty sure our owner wants more than that.

Jack Wills said:
dubblue said:

What can those clubs offer that we can't? If we want them, we have a fair chance of attracting some of them. If not, we may as well just fuck it off aiming to win the CL, or even the Title again, and settle for battling for 4th with the odd cup run. Pretty sure our owner wants more than that.

I agree I have never understood the why would they sign for city when they can go to a big club mentality....

Get used to it...we are a big club who has won 2 titles in 3 years ......

Jack Wills said:
dubblue said:

Oh, without a shadow of a doubt. However, wanting and getting, are two different things.

1. Irrespective of whether sanctions are re-imposed, we will continue to operate under the auspices of FFP
2. By common consensus the squad needs a fairly sizeable amount of pruning, and the cost of any of those players is likely to dwarf that of any incoming funds we might generate. Either Bale or Pogba alone would cost significantly more than we'd get for selling Dzeko, Nasri and Toure. We will need to balance quantity with quality, so blowing the entire budget on say Bale and Pogba is just not going to happen.
3. Allied to 2., ragboy Dyke has already given us a taster of what he has planned, and I would expect our primary focus to be on overpriced English players as a consequence.
4. The only absolute top drawer signing we have ever managed to pull off under the noses of c*nts like Munich, Madrid and the rags, was Aguero. Silva, Toure and Tevez were all very good, but not, IMO, universally sought after in the manner than Pogba, Bale and Reus will be, albeit that ironically they were arguably all better players, and Toure and Tevez in particular needed hefty financial persuasion to get on board, persuasion of a type we will be less able to offer now than then.
5. The competition will be absolutely fierce. Munich, Madrid, Barca, the Swampites, Chelsea, PSG and Arsenal, will all be in the market for at least one of the 4 players mentioned, and even leaving the 'prestige' card, that our dear friends down the road love to have their media allies play, to one side, the first 3 clubs on that list will offer significantly greater Chimps League prospects.

I would be thrilled if we could land any one of those key players, but it will extremely tough for us to manage even that. If we wind up this summer with De Bruyne, Barkley and maybe Reus on our books, I would call that very good business

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.