Starting XI for next season, your prediction.

Dax777 said:
Murph said:
Big Blue Swede said:
------------------------Hart------------------------
------------Kompany(C)-------Savic----------------
Richards-------------------------------------Clichy
-----------------------Dejong----------------------
---------------------------------------------------
-------Nasri------------Yaya-------------Silva------
----------------------------------------------------
-----------------Aguero---------Balotelli------------

Wow..

Although I don't know why some of you would want Yaya in defensive midfield? Proven centre midfielder..

Because a team needs balance. Nothing wrong with that team if Yaya played alongside De Jong and Balo played in Yaya's position. Yaya could still make forward runs, he'd just have to pick the right time to make them.

Of course a lot depends on the quality of the opposition and if you are home or away, but for arguing sakes I couldn't ever see Mancini picking that team in those positions for an away league game, we'd be to open.

Since when did 2 DMs become al the craze? One if good is enough. If ours isn't good enough, get one who is!

Behave and read what I said. Yaya could still get forward but would need to be very, very disciplined in that line up.

Let me get this right, you want Yaya to play as an attacking mf? in the same side as Nasri, Silva, Balo and Aguero?

If the answers yes then thank fuck your not in charge of the team.

Murph said:
Dax777 said:
Murph said:
Because a team needs balance. Nothing wrong with that team if Yaya played alongside De Jong and Balo played in Yaya's position. Yaya could still make forward runs, he'd just have to pick the right time to make them.

Of course a lot depends on the quality of the opposition and if you are home or away, but for arguing sakes I couldn't ever see Mancini picking that team in those positions for an away league game, we'd be to open.

Since when did 2 DMs become al the craze? One if good is enough. If ours isn't good enough, get one who is!

Behave and read what I said. Yaya could still get forward but would need to be very, very disciplined in that line up.

Let me get this right, you want Yaya to play as an attacking mf? in the same side as Nasri, Silva, Balo and Aguero?

No! I want him to play Central midfield. As he is way less effective than either Silva Balo Aguro or Nasri at Forward or Wide.

Dax777 said:
Murph said:
Dax777 said:

No! I want him to play Central midfield. As he is way less effective than either Silva Balo Aguro or Nasri at Forward or Wide.

I hope these formations are intended to highlight only one aspect of the team's play. We're certainly going to mix it up with our dynamics squad.

Btw Dax, What do you think Yaya can offer as a central midfielder that accentuates his attributes?

zangatangring said:
Dax777 said:
Murph said:

I hope these formations are intended to highlight only one aspect of the team's play. We're certainly going to mix it up with our dynamics squad.

Btw Dax, What do you think Yaya can offer as a central midfielder that accentuates his attributes?
Run that by me again. I don't understand the question

Dax777 said:
Murph said:
Big Blue Swede said:
---------------------------------------------------
-------Nasri------------Yaya-------------Silva------
----------------------------------------------------
-----------------Aguero---------Balotelli------------

Wow..

Although I don't know why some of you would want Yaya in defensive midfield? Proven centre midfielder..

whos the 2dm's de jong and.....

please dont say yaya!

Dax777 said:
zangatangring said:
Dax777 said:

What could Yaya offer in the central midfield position that means moving him from his more experienced DM or advanced role we saw with Dzeko for example?

zangatangring said:
Dax777 said:
zangatangring said:

What could Yaya offer in the central midfield position that means moving him from his more experienced DM or advanced role we saw with Dzeko for example?
It really is a function of how the personnel broke down. If we go with 2 strikers, then we will be working with 2 central midfielders, one being a DM and the other a CM. Since SIlva and Nasri (if he is the eventual buy) can both play wide effeciently, that leaves Yaya by default. On a personal note, I have always DM for Barcelona, can effectively play CM for probably any other club. At Barca being able to pass and move quickly, and thinking quickly on your feet are highly sort after qualities in every position. If you can do it effectively for Barca (which Yaya did) then I am certain he can bring that to the table at CM for City.

Not to forget, he can power thru and score more goals from that position.

Seems like the 4-2-3-1 has gone out of style on here and the line-ups look like something like this now:

--------------Yaya---------------Silva-------------
-------Nasri---------------------------Balotelli-------
-----------------------Aguero-----------------------

Can I ask why?

---------Aguero--------
Balotelli---Silva----Nasri
----Yaya--De Rossi-----
Clichy----------Richards
---Kompany--Lescott---
---------Hart----------

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.