Starting XI V Stoke - Boxing Day

----------- GIVEN ----------------

---- DEEEEEEEEEEEEE JONGGGGG --

-- KOMPANY -- BARRY -- IRELAND --

-SWP ------- ROBINHO ------ PETROV -

TEVEZ --------------- BELLERS
- SANTA -

YHHHHHH BOI LOL

I WAS ACTUALLY DOING THAT AS A JOKE ABOVE BUT LOOKING AT IT I MUST SAY IT LOOKS QUITE NICE =)

CMON U BLUES!!

Maybe shouldn't fit players to make a formation but if Barry plays at left back it removes Bobbies problem of upsetting so many of the Forwards apart from RSC (Im assuming he will be left out and come on as an impact sub)

...........................GIVEN................................
.RICHARDS.......TOURE.....KOMPANY........BARRY...
.....................NDJ (C).....IRELAND....................
...BELLAMY...........ROBINHO(PM).............TEVEZ..
..........................ADEBAYOR...........................

Barry although not the best in the air (Stokes biggest threat) is better IMO than Sylvinho and Garrido and there is not a huge difference between the pace of the three of them.
I know we should play to our strengths and dominate the game but their threat has to be addressed also and although i hope Bobby is right about Shay coming for the throws I think it's not quite as easy as that!

Focus, anticipation, bravery and determination will be important factors and we need to ensure we show more of these atrtributes than Stoke

He could play Richards at left back but I don't see that happening
I hope we keep it on the deck and play it into feet - spank their asses
One thing is for sure I can't wait for Boxing day

Have we got a song for Bobby Manc sorted out yet?

bob bob bob bob bobby manc

Cheers
Have a great Christmas folks

I doubt Mancini would be silly enough to bench our best player for Robinho. However putting Bellers on the right and Robinho left would be a brave but sensible decision. I get the point about playing 2 games in 4 days might be hard on Bellers but its vital he starts on Saturday. He needs to know right from the off the manager rates him. Rest him for Wolves if you like but start him against stoke.

GIVEN

Zabaleta Kompany Toure Sylvinho

De Jong

Ireland Barry

Tevez Bellamy/Robinho

Santa Cruz

This is my team If SWP and richards dont play,

Onuoha is injured for about a month so that leaves us another CB down so it would have to be Kolo Toure on the left side and Micah Richards on the right with Pablo Zabaleta at right back and Sylvinho on the left, i'm not sure weather SWP is injured so i'd put him on the bench and play Stephan Ireland on the right with Gareth Barry and Nigel De Jong in the middle, with Bellamy on the left and two up front in the form of Roque Santa Cruz and Carlos Tevez or if you want match Stoke in height it would be Roque Santa Cruz and Emmanuel Adebayor but i doubt he will go with that and we could possibly have some youngsters on the bench to bring on like Adam Clayton, Nils Zander or Vidal it would be good to see them, there are others though like that spanish one they got last season who was shown to us at the Blackburn game, anyway merry christmas to you all my fellow blues :)

CTID

..........................GIVEN................................
.RICHARDS.......TOURE.....KOMPANY........BARRY...
.....................NDJ (C).....IRELAND....................
...TEVEZ...........ROBINHO(PM).............BELLAMY..
..........................SANTA CRUZ...........................

Madchester's team - IMO that's the one we need for Stoke but I've put RSC up front and swapped Tevez and Bellamy (Zab in for Micah if he's injured)

I'm liking the look of 4-3-3.

Given

Richards (if fit) Toure VK Sylvinho/Garrido

SWP De Jong Barry

Tevez Santa Robinho

The midfield are all players that can cover the defense and hopefully link up well to our super South American strike force. Save Bellamy for Wolves.

Bellamy Ireland Barry Robinho
Tevez Santa/Ade
NDJ could be left out seeing as how Stoke play alot of balls over the midfield instead of through it.
The defence depends on who is fit and I am assuming SWP is out. Defend from the front!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.