State Pension Increases

mosssideblue

With CPI currently sat at around 8%, am I right in thinking state and other Government pensions are set for the same increase (assuming CPI remains the same in Sept)?

I think this triple lock will count for fuck all this year, they will quote exceptional circumstances and I suspect it will increase by maybe 3% to 4%.

I think this triple lock will count for fuck all this year, they will quote exceptional circumstances and I suspect it will increase by maybe 3% to 4%.
they did that last year, difficult to see how it could be "exceptional" twice in a row, in fact, this year makes last year look like it wasn't exceptional, so you could argue for a back-dated boost to last years increase.

Meanwhile, back in reality :/

they did that last year, difficult to see how it could be "exceptional" twice in a row, in fact, this year makes last year look like it wasn't exceptional, so you could argue for a back-dated boost to last years increase.

So basically, CPI only invoked if it's a number the Government like. Might as well scrap it then

The pension increase has always got inflation since triple lock, the rise in April was double lock as excluded wage increases they were massive due to coming out of furlough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.