State Pension Increases

I got a letter from DWP about 6 weeks ago to tell me that my new state pension amount was increasing to £911.40 every 4 weeks.
It was previously £840 per 4 weeks,so as far as I'm concerned it is a 8.5 % increase.
A very small amount of my pension is SERPS related ,about £5 per week only.
And I've not had a phone call from DWP.
Because of them Tory twats people will be getting taxed on their state pension unless labour get in an change the personal allowance

I paid NI contributions for 47 years (1972 -2019) and also
paid SERPS for 12 years (1978 -1990) until I opted out on advice from a financial advisor.
So everyone will be getting a similar state pension to me.
In fact my wife will be starting to receive her state pension in 2 months time and her letter from DWP states she will be getting £884 every 4 weeks.
And she didn't work from 1982 - 1996 but was entitled to her SP as a full time mother ( she was entitled to it as she was receiving Child Benefit).
I am looking forward to getting a bus pass .

I got a letter from DWP about 6 weeks ago to tell me that my new state pension amount was increasing to £911.40 every 4 weeks.
It was previously £840 per 4 weeks,so as far as I'm concerned it is a 8.5 % increase.
A very small amount of my pension is SERPS related ,about £5 per week only.
And I've not had a phone call from DWP.
Thanks for reply.
In my case there are 4 elements of which only 1 is getting 8.5 percent.
The other 3 at 6.7 percent my letter gives only the new weekly amount so I have asked them to detail why I have been paying for spurious benefits that are not treated as a full pension.
Incidentally I am in my middle 80s so many changes have happened to NI eg SERPS etc and for some of that time I was paying maximum monthly payments.
I had the phone call because my math's of what 8.5 percent increase was did not agree with their letter. The call centre agreed with my math's then told me to expect an explanation by phone wirhin 4 weeks.
I have asked for a detailed letter to allow me to understand their reasoning.

My advice is check the math's, they got it right last year but are short changing some of us this year.

Thanks for reply.
In my case there are 4 elements of which only 1 is getting 8.5 percent.
The other 3 at 6.7 percent my letter gives only the new weekly amount so I have asked them to detail why I have been paying for spurious benefits that are not treated as a full pension.
Incidentally I am in my middle 80s so many changes have happened to NI eg SERPS etc and for some of that time I was paying maximum monthly payments.
I had the phone call because my math's of what 8.5 percent increase was did not agree with their letter. The call centre agreed with my math's then told me to expect an explanation by phone wirhin 4 weeks.
I have asked for a detailed letter to allow me to understand their reasoning.

My advice is check the math's, they got it right last year but are short changing some of us this year.
I would think that you are receiving the basic state pension (which was paid pre April 2016) and I know that I get the New State Pension,paid from April 2016. There could be some difference because of the differing pension rates, it is very complicated with a lot of different variables involved.

I would think that you are receiving the basic state pension (which was paid pre April 2016) and I know that I get the New State Pension,paid from April 2016. There could be some difference because of the differing pension rates, it is very complicated with a lot of different variables involved.
Thanks for reply.
You are right I am sure but my mix of SERPS type pensions has not changed, yet last year I got the full 10.1 percent.
My letter made no mention of a change in the mix variation but chose only one of them for 8.5 percent increase.
A change must have happened but they chose not to tell me the detail in the letter.
Alternatively they are mistaken and owe me some more of the NI money I have already fully paid into the system.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.