Statues at the ground

When I first saw it this morning I was a bit disappointed tbh, the Vinnie and Silva ones are good but this just isn’t right

would seriously think about redoing it or just the face
Think it’s a real shame and don’t like it at all

Haven't seen the statue in the flesh, so I'm holding fire until I see it.

10 years ago Sergio looked different and more youthful that he does now, so his face and features will look different.

So ignore the Kroos jibes.(from the Dippers and Rags) Pathetic!

View attachment 43217

View attachment 43216

View attachment 43215
for the first time, I can almost see where he got the image from but man, it is the double of Kroos lol

It’s actually a really good likeness of the actual moment.. the problem is his actual face wasn’t screaming most of the time. It’s one iconic moment represented accurately… not a replica of a still photo… same is true of the mural that was in the Northern quarter.

Last edited:
I’ve sent Toni Kroos’post about this on Twitter, and now I can’t un-see his face in the statue.

Haven't seen the statue in the flesh, so I'm holding fire until I see it.

10 years ago Sergio looked different and more youthful that he does now, so his face and features will look different.

So ignore the Kroos jibes.(from the Dippers and Rags) Pathetic!

View attachment 43217

View attachment 43218

View attachment 43216

View attachment 43215

View attachment 43214

What I don't like is the pose.

What should have been captured and imortalised in the statue is the exact meoment he scored the goal, not him running awaving his shirt in the air after he scored the goal.

This. Or during the actual shot sequence.

EFAC0442-7-BE0-4-C8-B-85-F2-7-F42-E7-FBFA5-A.jpg

Sergio and the club would have been involved with the statue from start to finish with multiple choices of the final pose and statue. But I think they got the moment and pose wrong.
That is the one I wanted.

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned but it just reminds me of the The Mummy film.

Attachments

• FE5C4FDC-1DB6-481A-9955-CBAF2762D193.jpeg
    FE5C4FDC-1DB6-481A-9955-CBAF2762D193.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 8
Even Tony Kronos has jumped on it now, I’m sorry but it looks fuck all like Sergio, the pose is what I thought they’d go for but the trouble they have is the stuff he’s used for the statue, had it been a traditional sculpt in marble rock or whatever they could’ve nailed it. I don’t doubt the sculpture's ability but that’s not Sergio.

Ah well, represents the club perfectly then.

Fucked up the new cartoony badge, fuck the kits up every year. Even the fans shat it with the uefa banner, so fucking up this statue is just what the club do.

City, shite at design since 2015.

I think it looks like Sergio from one side. Henry’s statue at Arsenal doesn’t look like him in the face, but the celebration gives it away. I’m not a big fan of statues as it is, but ours are unique when it comes to design.

Last edited:
I think it looks like Sergio from one side. Henry’s statue at Arsenal doesn’t look like in the face, but the celebration gives it away. I’m not a big fan of statues as it is, but ours are unique when it comes to design.
BEDF5967-7370-41D4-B92B-AA2E5696F3C0.jpeg

I think Kun’s statue looks more like Kun than Henry’s statue looks like Henry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.