Statues

Prestwich_Blue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
mammyjam said:
Mansour obvs

Not allowed is a very bad thing to do in the religion of islam
WTF?????? Has The Sun been doing one of those "10 Things You Need To Know About Islam" features?

No im mentioned it on here 2 years ago and i was told it is offensive and thats why they put up pictures of there favourite rulers in Arab countries i may have taken that as a muslim thing when it may well be more of an Arab thing

jimharri said:
Unlikely to happen, seeing as we don't own the ground or immediate surrounding area.
Well seeing as it is a couple of hundred years until the lease runs out and we have built and office and fanzone, I think you may not have a point.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Not allowed is a very bad thing to do in the religion of islam
WTF?????? Has The Sun been doing one of those "10 Things You Need To Know About Islam" features?

No im mentioned it on here 2 years ago and i was told it is offensive and thats why they put up pictures of there favourite rulers in Arab countries i may have taken that as a muslim thing when it may well be more of an Arab thing
I assume it's to do with the biblical prohibition on graven images generally.

Prestwich_Blue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

I assume it's to do with the biblical prohibition on graven images generally.

That is what i was getting at but you put it in its correct context.
Oh and fuck off with The Sun jokes

i would choose a person in 25 year blocks maybe?...this would cover our history....so every 25 years one goes up....NOT just footballers but what about people who have dedicated themselves to club....Bernard Halford....fans like Helen the Bell.....it depends on why we need statues and who will see them....

TONY BOOK

TOMMY BOOTH

LEE, SUMMERBEE, BELL

MERCER & ALLISON

Our club has faulted on statues... surely the B of The bang has been melted and is ready for use?

I'd love to see a giant Blue Moon rising from the car park

acton28 said:
I'd love to see a giant Blue Moon rising from the car park

That would be top. I can just picture horrific Granada Reports footage of dozens crushed to death as the thing breaks free and rolls towards Droylsden.

Tony Book was without doubt one of the best servants any club could ever wish for, as a player, captain, and manager, he had a massive effect on the club, if we go along the road of statues then Bookie must be in there.

Joe and Malcom are a shoe in, and while I can think of more than a few players who may deserve one (With Colin Bell at the top of the list after Book ) maybe Mr Alexander our owner in the 60`s and 70`s should be there for keeping us alive so many times, he truly loved the club and I never heard a bad word about him from anyone, a giant in the history of the club.

Frank Swift
Bert Trautmann
Neil Young/Mike Doyle

and in a few years a fuck off big 99

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.