Stay positive, City

Akira

Good God, what the hell has happened here? It felt like from some point in the year I woke up and this big blue heaven turned into a nasty puddle of hell.

I missed the old City. No, not the City squad. The City fans. I remembered there were once City fans who were a bunch of looneys and lighthearted buffoons who wouldn't care shit about the others. I'm not a local supporter, neither do I live in England, but from my telly, I could have always seen happy, jovial sky blues in the stands waving their big yellow bananas around, jumping around in their Poznan like they wouldn't give a fuck.

What, what has happened to that? Money? Pressure?

Cmon, we are giving the team too much to perform, they don't need that. Right now, in my telly, all I see and hear is opposition fans outsinging us, faces signalling as though the apocalypse is abound. Stop blaming the team, we are partly at fault for the pressure we impose. The team is nervous enough as fuck.

I can't be at the stadium, it is impossible for me as I live so far away. But if I were there, I would wanna sing my lungs out.

Alright, so we lost against Arsenal, so we fucked up. But how many of you out here dare to guarantee me that we are going to do more of the same next season? I firmly believe we would back stronger and much more experienced next season. Rome wasn't built in a day you know. We will be back.

The Gooners can mock us all they want, but they won fuck all for years. We are chasing the title, they are struggling for 3rd.

The Rags can laugh now, but look what happens when Baconface retires, the Grandpas being too old to continue. They are scared of us, period. Remember the times when we were going on all about how teams actually shit their pants against us? What happened to that confidence? We became a team that seems oh so easily beaten.

Cmon City, stay positive. We are 2nd, not on the opposite end of the scale. This is our FIRST YEAR challenging for the title in so many years, we are not a team that has been challenging for years and has reaped no result.

Have faith in Mancini, he's the man to bring us there.
Have faith in the team, they want the title more than any of us here.
Have faith in City, stay positive lads, the team really needs that right now.

I think as someone else posted in one of the other threads about Mario, this is a factor that explains a little of it:

Kazzydeyna said:
SalfordCityBlue said:
Our fans need to seriously get a grip - we have been shit too since Christmas - not just the players.

Moaning, booing, spreading shit rumours, undermining the manager, no support unless we are in front, the death of the Poznan at the hands of the miserable cunts, the attacks of Savic and Balotelli - when we should have been uniting behind the players and spurring them on we have crumbled.

We are getting what we deserve. Fuck all.

We may be in a minority at the moment mate but you're 100% correct.

I've never been more ashamed of our support since Xmas and I'm 41.

Hate to say it but look at how utd fans dealt with cantona twatting a fan. They formed a ring around him and he rewarded them by winning them the title the next season.

Look at the utd v Sheffield weds game. They weren't screaming for players heads after 89 minutes they were screaming them on. And they won that game from nowhere and then the title.

We have a sizable minority of fucking teenage mard arses following our club that in my opinion cost us points every season. But let's sack the manager and half the team eh? That's always worked before hasn't it?

Fuck em.

MCFCinUSA said:
I think as someone else posted in one of the other threads about Mario, this is a factor that explains a little of it:

Kazzydeyna said:
SalfordCityBlue said:
Our fans need to seriously get a grip - we have been shit too since Christmas - not just the players.

Moaning, booing, spreading shit rumours, undermining the manager, no support unless we are in front, the death of the Poznan at the hands of the miserable cunts, the attacks of Savic and Balotelli - when we should have been uniting behind the players and spurring them on we have crumbled.

We are getting what we deserve. Fuck all.

We may be in a minority at the moment mate but you're 100% correct.

I've never been more ashamed of our support since Xmas and I'm 41.

Hate to say it but look at how utd fans dealt with cantona twatting a fan. They formed a ring around him and he rewarded them by winning them the title the next season.

Look at the utd v Sheffield weds game. They weren't screaming for players heads after 89 minutes they were screaming them on. And they won that game from nowhere and then the title.

We have a sizable minority of fucking teenage mard arses following our club that in my opinion cost us points every season. But let's sack the manager and half the team eh? That's always worked before hasn't it?

Fuck em.

Didn't read the thread, but yes, that is exactly what I wanted to say. The negativity on here is suffocating.

there are some great people on this forum and the wit and humour's amazing, but sometimes things can degenerate beyond all reason.

it's a football forum and we're football supporters - so as long as you keep this in mind as all around you are losing theirs..

;o)

I'm heart broken we're not going to win the league, but our time will come. Look where we've come from. Lets get behind the team. CTID.

amirable sentiments posted by the OP, but unfortunately misguided.

why are we not feared anymore by other teams?

because the manager sent out line ups that were not playing to the teams strengths. we should have been taking teams apart after christmas, but we did not. all of a sudden the team was mortal and could be defended against.

other teams worked out what works against us and used it to good effect, we became a one trick pony trying the same method time and again. no width, no consistant pressure building, too slow in attack, no scoring on the break.

it all comes down to the manager, i hate to say it, but his management has stopped the team from expressing themselves and they are now questioning their own ability. just look at Silva. this man could do no wrong and now is not even on the bench against Arsenal, that game was made for Silva.

i dont think Bob will make it through the summer with us unless by some miracle he wins the league. i dont want him to go as i think he has the makings of a great manager, but from how we started the league to how we are finishing it, it does not look good for him. if it were the other way round and we started shit and came good that would be seen as progress, but we are going backwards.

dont blame the fans, we have given a large part of our lives and had the misery of seeing those wankstains from salford win virtually everything there is to win, while we had years of failure. we have proved our devotion, time for the club to do its bit!

burning blue soul said:

because the manager sent out line ups that were not playing to the teams strengths. we should have been taking teams apart after christmas, but we did not. all of a sudden the team was mortal and could be defended against.

other teams worked out what works against us and used it to good effect, we became a one trick pony trying the same method time and again. no width, no consistant pressure building, too slow in attack, no scoring on the break.

it all comes down to the manager, i hate to say it, but his management has stopped the team from expressing themselves and they are now questioning their own ability. just look at Silva. this man could do no wrong and now is not even on the bench against Arsenal, that game was made for Silva.

i dont think Bob will make it through the summer with us unless by some miracle he wins the league. i dont want him to go as i think he has the makings of a great manager, but from how we started the league to how we are finishing it, it does not look good for him. if it were the other way round and we started shit and came good that would be seen as progress, but we are going backwards.

dont blame the fans, we have given a large part of our lives and had the misery of seeing those wankstains from salford win virtually everything there is to win, while we had years of failure. we have proved our devotion, time for the club to do its bit!

I understand where your coming from. But this is not our last chance to win the league, is it not? Admittedly, I dislike Bobby's method of solving problems, which unfortunately, is the same as many fans on here; buy, buy and buy. A good manager, like Mourinho/Fergiescum, uses what they have at their disposal, and still work wonders with it. Bob's a little spoiled.

I'm not defending the manager in anyway, but what I'm calling for is just a much, MUCH more positive atmosphere to cheer the team up. They need it bad.

I have said it before in other threads and I shall keep saying it, it is not over until the 13th May. Then and only then (if it happens) will I concede that we have lost the title. OK call me an optimist, call me deluded but I will not surrender until that day!!

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS WITH MANCHESTER CITY.

p.s. Burningbluesoul, the team you mention are NOT from Salford they are from Trafford!! As an Eccles lass who has to pay her rates to Salford I resent that shower being classed as Salfordians. Sorry, just my prejudice I guess!! :-)

Young said:
burning blue soul said:

I understand where your coming from. But this is not our last chance to win the league, is it not? Admittedly, I dislike Bobby's method of solving problems, which unfortunately, is the same as many fans on here; buy, buy and buy. A good manager, like Mourinho/Fergiescum, uses what they have at their disposal, and still work wonders with it. Bob's a little spoiled.

I'm not defending the manager in anyway, but what I'm calling for is just a much, MUCH more positive atmosphere to cheer the team up. They need it bad.

i cant knock you for your optimistic opinion. but something more deep has been occurring here. we were invincible, teams feared us, we had the best squad in the league, and we let it go for percentage football, rather than having the balls and belief to back ourselves. bob is guilty of this, and it relly does pain me to say it!

as the band James said "if i hadnt seen such riches i could live with being poor".

it is a painful way to lose the league if we eventually do. what bob HAS GOT TO DO NOW is release the shackles from the team, play as we were playing and the fans will get back on side. it is the only way to salvage things and for bob to keep his job.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:17 am --<br /><br />
Eccles Blue said:
I have said it before in other threads and I shall keep saying it, it is not over until the 13th May. Then and only then (if it happens) will I concede that we have lost the title. OK call me an optimist, call me deluded but I will not surrender until that day!!

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS WITH MANCHESTER CITY.

p.s. Burningbluesoul, the team you mention are NOT from Salford they are from Trafford!! As an Eccles lass who has to pay her rates to Salford I resent that shower being classed as Salfordians. Sorry, just my prejudice I guess!! :-)

many appologies, i just got over excited and carried away :) wont happen again ma'am.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.