Stefan Savic

BibbyBlue85 said:
BlueCityfan said:
Jimblue said:
Does this mean we aren't going for Vertonghen? Or has that down to Boateng staying or leaving?

The interest in Vertonghen seems to be completely gone. He will not arrive.

As for Boateng..i dunno, probably off to Bayern.

Correct!

Savic overtook Vertonghen in the last week or so. Vertonghen was lined up for 1st July but Savic proved to be the better buy in Mancini's eye

Yeah....i think Savic is the kind of player he wants alongside Kompany.

Savic is a few inches from Kompany in lenght but he is quick and fast for a defender. Still pretty good in the air.

He might have seen Vertonghen as too slow and clumsy? And Savic is descreibed as a commanding centre-half.

I think he will fit in well. And huge potential at that age.

BLUEMOONBAZ said:
Tricky_Trev said:
PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
nothing on mcfc.co.uk yet. it's painfully slow
Dippers have stolen him just before he could sign the contract. Deal is now off.

Say what ?? trev you winding us up ?
No, not winding you up. Bunch of 'em just burst into COMS and carried him out in a massive bag.

From BBC website:

Stefan Savic undergoes Manchester City medical

Page last updated at 11:01 GMT, Tuesday, 5 July 2011 12:01 UK
E-mail this to a friendPrintable version

Savic was part of the Montenegro side that drew with England last year Partizan Belgrade centre-back Stefan Savic is undergoing a medical at Manchester City, BBC Sport understands.

The 20-year-old would become City's second defensive signing of the summer after Monday's deal for Gael Clichy.

The Montenegro international had a 10-day trial with Arsenal last year.

BBC Sport's Phil McNulty said on social networking site Twitter: "Man City's main business today is concluding the deal for Partizan Belgrade defender Stefan Savic."

The Eastlands outfit would also need to secure a work permit to complete the move.

Savic was a member of the Montenegro side that frustrated England in a 0-0 draw at Wembley in October 2010 in a Euro 2012 qualifier.

He also faced English opposition when turning out for Partizan against Arsenal in the Champions League in December.

In February 2010, Savic, who was then playing for Serbian side BSK Borca, was reported as saying he expected to sign a pre-contract agreement with the Gunners following his trial.

However, the deal did not go through and he instead joined Partizan in August.

Tricky_Trev said:
BLUEMOONBAZ said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Dippers have stolen him just before he could sign the contract. Deal is now off.

Say what ?? trev you winding us up ?
No, not winding you up. Bunch of 'em just burst into COMS and carried him out in a massive bag.

Lol, SSN are saying £6m and signed. That is an absolute bargain. I thought at least £10m

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.