Stefan Savic

okstate99 said:
BlueJill said:
BlueCityfan said:
Yeah....i think Savic is the kind of player he wants alongside Kompany.

Savic is a few inches from Kompany in lenght but he is quick and fast for a defender. Still pretty good in the air.

He might have seen Vertonghen as too slow and clumsy? And Savic is descreibed as a commanding centre-half.

I think he will fit in well. And huge potential at that age.

Are these statements of opinion or fact? I haven't seen anything to suggest we are not interested in Vertonghen.

Did you just describe Vertonghen as clumsy?

All the reports coming out of Ajax is that he is staying this year. So if thats not enough, I cant help you.

Statements from clubs and players alike can never be taken as fact.

-- Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:52 pm --

macmanson said:
Dax777 said:
Jimblue said:
Does this mean we aren't going for Vertonghen? Or has that down to Boateng staying or leaving?
I think this might be Boateng's replacement.

Vertonghen doesn't look like he's coming irregardless of whether Boateng stays or goes.

Manchester City & Arsenal target Jan Vertonghen: I will be at Ajax next year
The Belgium international appeared to be on his way to the Premier League, but now seems happy to remain at the Amsterdam Arena for another season
By Stefan Coerts
Jul 5, 2011 4:54:00 AM

Defender Jan Vertonghen has made it clear that he is ready to remain at Ajax for another season as the prospect of playing Champions League football with the Dutch titleholders is at the forefront of his thoughts.

The 24-year-old centre-back has been linked with clubs such as Arsenal and Manchester City and a move to the Premier League appeared to be close last month.

However, neither of the English sides have followed up their initial advances, and Vertonghen seems happy to stay put.

"The way things stand at the moment I will stay with Ajax for another year. I'm fully focused on Ajax. I really wanted to play Champions League football again and it's a huge plus that it's possible here," the Belgian said on the club's website.

"At present there's no reason to leave. I want to win the Eredivisie title again here. I think we have a very strong selection, very balanced. We have at least two good players for every position. Additionally, we've signed some promising youngsters."

Vertonghen has a contract until the summer of 2013 with the Eredivisie champions and an offer in the region of €15 million could be needed to lure him away from Amsterdam, should the Premier League sides reignite their interest.

Dax is spot on. Savic by all appearances is a straight replacement for Boateng. Young up and coming RCB that can play RB.

It was generally assumed we were in for a CB this summer.

So, the big question is did Bobby know Boateng was leaving months ago? If so, Savic probably is the guy. If not, and he really was in for a CB then I think it is reasonable that Vertonghen (or another CB) may still very well be in the mix. The advantage of Vertonghen over other CBs is he can also backup De jong, has CL experience and would be a bargain.

article-2011543-0CE0715900000578-961_634x581.jpg

Richard Ashcroft?!!

TCIB said:
Evening ladies and gents i just saw this dunno if its already posted

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7021302,00.html

So has this lad not put pen to paper yet or ? either way it looks like he prefers us over the dippers its a tangible sign of our rise as a club, which makes me smile.

Some great comments on there, quite a few stating players are only joining City for the money ignoring the Champions League football and realistic title chance.

jimharri said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
not exactly a flattering pic there lol...looks like a tranny.
You've got high standards!
TBF she looks dog rough there. Like an over made up woman you'd meet down a shitty nightclub wearing a very slutty dress hoping for free drinks all night. "You'd bang her but you wouldn't want a relationship" type. ;)

dannybcity said:
TCIB said:
Evening ladies and gents i just saw this dunno if its already posted

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7021302,00.html

So has this lad not put pen to paper yet or ? either way it looks like he prefers us over the dippers its a tangible sign of our rise as a club, which makes me smile.

Some great comments on there, quite a few stating players are only joining City for the money ignoring the Champions League football and realistic title chance.

Hehe yeah i mean anyone would think we are relegation contenders going nowhere if you went of that drivel, plenty of scousers arguing between themselves also though, they aint liking this being a 5th or even 6th placed team.

Some of them have even given up on the history of the club stuff and want to see action now and they are pannicked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.