Stefan Savic.....

Celebritykiller said:
For all the good things we've seen he hasn't been tested as defender yet. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Totally agree with you. Let's not rush forward.

Celebritykiller said:
For all the good things we've seen he hasn't been tested as defender yet. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

For a 20 year old defender to come from a nothing league to play against established Premier League clubs I'd class that as a test... They very well may be average clubs but you'd expect someone in Savic's position to have a bad game against clubs in a new league, bit he's settled in unbelievably well...... not bad for £6M

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Celebritykiller said:

For a 20 year old defender to come from a nothing league to play against established Premier League clubs I'd class that as a test... They very well may be average clubs but you'd expect someone in Savic's position to have a bad game against clubs in a new league, bit he's settled in unbelievably well...... not bad for £6M

Yes, but he's still not been brought on as a centre back in a 2 man pairing yet which is quite strange (always a full back/3rd centre back). Don't get me wrong, I like the look of him but still very early days.

Celebritykiller said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Celebritykiller said:

Yes, but he's still not been brought on as a centre back in a 2 man pairing yet which is quite strange (always a full back/3rd centre back). Don't get me wrong, I like the look of him but still very early days.

I think he'll get a full run in against Wolves in the Carling Cup, but yeah I know what you're saying....

Freestyler said:
really excited about this lad!

his reaction to his goal just showed how much he loves it.

one for the future for sure, great prospect and plenty of potential for sure.

I'm glad you mentioned his reaction. He was absolutely chuffed to score!

Keep it up Stefan son.

Ovo said:
Freestyler said:
really excited about this lad!

his reaction to his goal just showed how much he loves it.

one for the future for sure, great prospect and plenty of potential for sure.

I'm glad you mentioned his reaction. He was absolutely chuffed to score!

Keep it up Stefan son.

The players were especially pleased for him..I think he's well liked by the team.

Clearly a well-liked member of the squad. Even Balo threw his arms in the air in delight the moment Savic scored and he looked over the moon for him, as did everyone else. It was great to see!

When i viewed him in interview on club website, he looked to have a cool steely eyed aura about him that suggests he has what it takes to progress into a top C/B. He doesn't seem to panic with the ball and brings it out of defence well. He also got up well to nod a good goal in.

Reminds me of a young Dave Watson who i regard as the C/B i've seen live.

Early days yet but Savic is doing well so far.

he is the reason I think that any screams of big-money CBs in January will fall on deaf ears. At this time I don't think City are looking to buy a big-time CB that will be a first XI choice for the next few seasons, they want this lad to grow into that role.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.