Stephen Fry

At the risk of sounding like a ****, I do believe that exceptional talent is often tinged with madness. They say ignorance is bliss, because in my opinion, the thoughtless don't push any boundaries. I'm not saying everyone who's troubled is a fucking 'Rainman' but there is clear evidence that exceptional people are often in a position where depression strikes easily. Considering this, it is surprising that more study is not encouraged to develop something which clearly exists. Maybe it does, maybe it just isn't publicised as much as it should be.

m7mcfc said:
Plaything of the gods said:
m7mcfc said:
FFS I worked for £6,19 an hour last week payed 20% tax, plus NI. My heart fookin bleeds. I only did it as I have 3 young lads that I have to provide for. I couldn't even contemplate suicide as I have to look after the boys....cnuts like this with there sob storys make me sick.
Your own sob story is very, very uninteresting pal.

Working tonight for £13.50 an hour,what would you like me to do sign on and be a scrounging cnut. I take work where the work is I don't sign on and claim nothing from the state.

Yeah I wish Stephen Fry would stop claiming benefits, the scrounging ****. Oh wait, what thread am I in?!

m7mcfc said:
Plaything of the gods said:
m7mcfc said:
FFS I worked for £6,19 an hour last week payed 20% tax, plus NI. My heart fookin bleeds. I only did it as I have 3 young lads that I have to provide for. I couldn't even contemplate suicide as I have to look after the boys....cnuts like this with there sob storys make me sick.
Your own sob story is very, very uninteresting pal.

Working tonight for £13.50 an hour,what would you like me to do sign on and be a scrounging cnut. I take work where the work is I don't sign on and claim nothing from the state.
You've missed the point by a million miles, just like that **** John Gregory did all those years ago. None of this has anything whatsoever to do with money.

Depression is a crippling twat of a condition and money, having it or not, is absolutely nothing to do with it. sadly i speak from personal experience and, long story short , if i had a worst enemy i would not wish it on them. It is a condition that affects every aspect of your life.. fortunately i have an understanding gp and employer and i am grateful to both, but most of all for the support of an unbelievable partner. Dont give up people go to docs if that doesnt help go again , if you have occy health or staff support services use them..

CTID1988 said:
MCFC BOB said:
In reply to the OP: <a class="postlink" href="http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/depression-part-two.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.co.uk ... t-two.html</a>

Excellent. Can relate to that in so many ways, nearly had me in tears to be honest.
Thanks for posting that, it answered a lot of questions that have been spinning my head for a while
An amazing blog. I too can relate to it. I too have had that desire to be dead without wanting to kill myself; just to no longer exist, to no longer have to worry and try to cope. Crouching under the table, sobbing and trying to get into the floor. It brought back all those memories. That period is past now but I'm still convinced that I will die alone and unloved and have occasional nightmares of being in a public place - a supermarket or a street - and people are milling around in groups and I just can't reach them, talk to them, get them to notice me or interact with me in any way; I'm completely lost for a way to engage with them and they are so content being with their family and friends. I wake up, say aloud "I'm so alone", turn over and go back to sleep because there is nothing else to do; I haven't shared my bed for six years or had any active, intimate partner for thirteen years since my wife's MS cognitive problems started.

agreed, heart in mouth just reading it. so glad it sounds like maybe you've put the worst behind you. caring for another who can't show their appreciation must be one of the hardest things anyone can put themselves through

Sorry about that trip into my deepest fears. I'd had a full bottle of wine, which was very unusual. I was also wearing all black, which was a first. The former is probably the most relevant.

Yes, those days are behind me now and I'm now much more accepting of the way things are and, at root, find life endlessly fascinating. I wouldn't say I'm in the slightest bit bipolar, just have this constant loneliness, and feel more alone the more there are people around if I'm isolated from them. I have up periods and down periods but they aren't extreme and seem to be brought on by events and how other people are - some days when everything seems to work and some when everything seems to be unworkable - but I think this is normal and is nothing like the uncontrolled and uncontrollable feelings of someone with bipolar disorder that have been talked about in this thread. I find that gardening helps - being able to create and nurture something - and I guess art painting or any other type of creative activity would as well but I don't have time for anything else at the moment. Gardening, by comparison, takes up very little time as nature does most of the work.

Back on topic please.

Some people who have suffered from bi polar:-

Virginia Woolf
Spike Milligan
Beethoven
Vincent Van Gogh
Robert Schumann
Buzz Aldrin
Brian Wilson
Robert Lowell
Winston Churchill
Edgar Allen Poe
Mark Twain
Graham Greene

-- Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:29 am --

Here is my story re bi polar:-

When I was about 10 (29yrs ago) my mum used to go driving at night..She had lost my dad , her hubby some years prior and before anyone thinks it , she wasn't looking for a shag!

Anyway...The first time my brother and I knew something was wrong was when the old bill turned up in the small hours asking if my mum lived here. Next thing I knew she had been sectioned under the mental health act for her own welfare. She had made a pass at 2 coppers at Birch services and got her tits out!! To be fair the cops were and have always been fantastic in dealing with this when my mum goes off on one. Touch wood for the past few years she has been fantastic and bar the odd downer she has been fine and her Lythium levels in her blood have been correct.

From that day all those years ago my mum has had some very sad and sometimes funny moments leading to her being sectioned.Examples are:-

Walking down the road with a 10 inch blade trying to cut her wrists.
Ringing the old bill and speaking French to them.
Getting lost in Egypt on a Nile cruise as a result of dehydration messing her medication levels up.
Letting the police in her home and then throwing a wardrobe at them whilst they were at the bottom of the stairs!
These are just a few of the things that have happened to my mum and as a result she has spent many months of her life in and out of hospital.
As a child,seeing your mum on a ward at the old Prestwich hospital is something I will never ever forget. It really was like something out of "One flew over the cuckoos nest" and my mum was probably the most sane in there!
She has had electric shock treatment - this was over 25yrs ago.

I was fostered along with my brother and sister for a short time in my early teens when my mothers illness was at it's worst.

The biggest thing to overcome is the tabboo that still surrounds mental illness. My mum made huge steps when she just admitted to herself "Yes I have a mental illness" and ever since then has been fantastic. She hasn't been in hospital for 4 years now and you will see her regularly sat in the South Stand level 2 with me and my boy cheering the lads on.

Believe me when I say this Manchester City football club have helped my mum lead a normal day to day life. Having a hobby is hugely important when dealing with mental illness like this.

Her illness prevented her from watching her beloved blues for many a year and now she is making up for lost time. Don't get me wrong she still does my head in as any mum does at times but you would NEVER know she has this illness.

People who take the piss beware.1 in 3 people suffer from some form of mental illness in their lifetime. I learnt very quickly and had to grow up fast.
Bi polar disorder is a horrible illness however if managed correctly there is no reason you cannot have a totally normal life.

The ignorance of some people twds mental illness in unbelievable.My mum is financially secure , in fact very well off..It doesn't make her happy though!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.