Stephen Howson / Michael Knighton

I watched the whole( Knighton ) vid,initially thinking just the first few mins will give me a flavour....ended up sitting the thru it all. I don't like MK.somethimg about him,maybe just he is steeped in red...slimy,conceited...

I think this thread could do with some input from those who remember what went on at utd around the time of the knighton takeover..just in the interests of balance..also are there any Carlise utd fans who have a view on Knighton...?

For some reason,I don't believe him when he says;
I don't want a seat on the board( ex director of utd and Carlisle?)
I don't want anything
I never took anything from utd
I don't need anything
I didn't ask for anything
Those quotes of course spanning both the old push for power and the current..His lust for power and control is surely evident when ,in his own words,the 2 fellow backers back in 89 abandoned him ,unhappy with their share of influence/ balance of power.
Knighton is a professional,a good speaker ..but that's all the vid is really.words..countering Howsons ..words.

For MK to go into great detail on the difference between Liquidation and Administration..just to show Howson up is a little tiresome,imo..
( I accept he wants to put the record straight)

Maybe,just maybe,Knighton has inadvertently made the 'bell-end legend that is SH just that bit more popular ..?
I expect the truth to be somewhere in the middle.
I got the feeling he did the interview because Howson is damaging his project which made me laugh and cringe in equal amounts.
Knighton was doing a hatchet job on us, Newcastle and the Glazers. Seemingly, without doing any research.
And I don’t believe his lawyers urged him to sue. That doesn’t make any sense.

As I understand it, although the headlines will always be that the takeover ultimately fell through Knighton told Edwards and co that the board were criminally under-achieving in terms of monetising their global fanbase and that they could increase their revenues hugely through merchandising, etc. It was Knighton who basically gave them the kick up the arse in that regard, and United followed through on it. They stole a huge march on Liverpool who didn't cotton on to it for a few years.
Martin Edwards must get on his knees and thank God every night the deal fell through.
He'd have made £10m from the sale and instead received £100m from the wonderful Glazers

Last edited:
tbh its about time that broadcasters on Youtube were held to account. They command more viewers than some TV programmes who DO have to give accurate information.

Steve Howsen et al make a lot of money I assume, they are registered businesses in some cases, its about time they were all held to legal scrutiny.
You need to distinguish between broadcast mass media and tiny amateur channels on a private platform, even if the followers become myriad.

Has anyone got a link to that Hoswon video? The one where he say Guardiola brings no guarantees

In the middle of this one

What I want to see back, is the one where Howson declares 'Welcome to Manchester Guardiola' as he expects him to come to them, and then rattles off a load of bollox about it. I think he must have deleted it... and that then led to his 'brings no guarantee of success' even more bollox.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.