Stephen Ireland....This Season Needs You!

Bellamy's Caddy

Stevie Ireland hasn't had the same impact as last season and there are lots of reasons why this might be the case, loss of form, injuries, different formations, different managers, different team mates. However, last season he proved without a shadow of a doubt that on his day he's up there with the very best in the league. I read a while ago that Ireland had come on Bluemoon and been disappointed by some/alot of the comments he read about himself, so I'm hoping this thread might give him a gentle reminder of just how much the City fans rate him. He's the only one at the club who can provide that killer pass, once he gets back into his groove we'll notice a huge improvement in not just his play but the team as well. We're still in a great position to get fourth place, and if Ireland can grab the season by the scruff of the neck he may be the very man to do just that.

And here's a reminder of just how good he can be.....Sit back and enjoy.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HRph2r9wqI[/youtube]

what staggers me is how many times this season he has made the runs but not been seen or found with the pass, last year they found him every time.

Incase Superman does read this, everyone show him your appreciation!

Hope you get back to last season's form soon Stevie, we need you!

Rammy Blue said:
what staggers me is how many times this season he has made the runs but not been seen or found with the pass, last year they found him every time.

Noticed the same thing mate, hopefully it'll come good again though.

He's missing someone who also has a killer pass to find him, stevie could put the ball anywhere he wants on the pitch but he's the only one. Last year he had an on form Robinho playing him a killer pass as well and he needs someone like that back. Ireland and fabregas centre mid, that would work!

He is still arguably our best player and I hope he's her3 for a long time

Just watching that video almost every clip involves ireland and robinho linking up, they were really a great partnership, they was everything good about us from last season.

Stevie is an AMC that needs playing behind the strikers, he is not a defensive midfielder and we already have Barry and De Jong doing that.

Wow, watching that makes me realise even more how good he can be. Problem is Barry and De Jong in same team is choking him. He needs the role behind the striker.

His passing and movement is 2nd to none. Come on Stevie lets get you back to form. And come on Roberto, play him in the right way. Would rather he stayed on the bench than get played out of position, he gets way too much shit for it.

I understand that we have to have a tight midfield against certain teams. But a De Jong and Barry against the like of hull and notlob isnt the way

Edit , well we could play Barry and NDJ

---------NDJ -- Barry
----SWP Stevie --- Johnson
--------Tevez

I guess we could do that. But Ade wont be happy. Cant please everyone I guess.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.