Stephen Ireland....This Season Needs You!

If anything, Stephen Ireland needs the rest of this season, to prove himself

coulsonblue said:
Hopefully he does read this because I would like to say that I don't think he does enough.

He needs to track back if playing deep or covering at right-back like last week properly rather than half-heartedly.

He needs to close down quickly and have more purpose about his play.
I think this also, he needs to get closer when the opposition have the ball and put them under a bit of pressure. And find space and be maybe more vocal when we have it so the other players notice his runs. For some reason his confidence is down ,its like he does'nt want to make a mistake and gets rid sometimes when there's nobody marking him when he could turn and drive into the spaces .

If we go with a midfield three of de Jong, Barry and Viera I'll be annoyed too, can't see that working any better than we are now, very negative once again. Would love to be proved wrong, but gut feeling says that's what he'll go with.

i feel that with barry being in the side and de jong be as amazing as he is hes found it hard to get a chance in the squad and when he does he seems to be played out of position. no disrespect to barry but id rather have stevie in the side!!

get him back in the centre, get him back in form and watch superman do his thing!!

we need you stevie!!

Bump.

If he plays, I hope Stevie has a cracker, we need him on form. Its in your hands Stevie, play the way we all know you can!

Mancini should be tied to a chair and made watch that clip.

Ireland is a wonderful player and a city man and needs to be on that pitch week in and out for us. Even this season when he's been played anywhere but his best position he has made good runs and found space but no one has passed to him, I mean wtf, I've seen petrov totally waste posession multiple times when stevie offered space and position, beggars belief, Ship Petrov out tbh.

Mancini, wtf is he doing to this club, makes my blood boil at times, thsi club has always been about attacking football, I dont give a fuck if we have a dodgy defence, as long as we score more. We dont need this tinkering cautious Italian, he goes against the grain of this club, who else agrees?

Mancini, either Play Ireland in the AMC role, stop putting 3 fucking defensive midfielders on the damn pitch at the same fucking time and get some attacking flair out there or clear off. When he first came I thought he might be our 'special one' but just how wrong I was is embarassing and I'm no longer a happy bunny.

apologies for the rant but I needed to get that out.

Sitting here listening to match on 5 live, Ireland hasn't been mentioned once in the last 25 mins, there are 35 gone. Is he there at all?

rockingchair said:
Sitting here listening to match on 5 live, Ireland hasn't been mentioned once in the last 25 mins, there are 35 gone. Is he there at all?

I'm listening on Key 103 and he seems to be getting involved

He has made some very good runs into dangerous positions but has only been picked out once and had a poor first touch that made him turn back instead of being able to get a shot away.

Decent first half with neither side really threatening

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.