Stephen Ireland....This Season Needs You!

M22_blu said:
Mattyc55 said:
Ireland is a quality footballer, but the true world class players can adapt to different positions by simply limiting their game a little. Stevie is a luxury and no doubt quality when played in the pocket of space behind the striker, but with Tevez in the side I doubt you're ever going to see him get played there. What he has to do is learn how to limit his game a little, maybe look sideways more often, as opposed to that killer pass (superman) he always seems to look for. Its great when it comes off, but as a center midfielder with a lot more responsibility, losing the ball is a dangerous game to play, and i think Stevie's creative game is suffering as a result. What has upset me most about his football this season though is the fact that he has been giving the ball away a lot, and that games just seem to easily pass him by without him stamping any form of authority onto it.

Whatever way you analyse his game, hes been VERY poor this season and its sad to see.

This isnt true, people always say this about ireland but he's a quality player when played in his correct position.

I can think of 2 examples of players who have benifited from being played in there strongest positions. Rooney, last few years he was shifted about to accomdate ronaldo and his form was always patchy, this season he plays as the main striker and anyone can see he's probaly currently the best striker in the world. Another 1 lampard last few years as played off the main striker and bagged 20 goals a season, probaly the most dangerous central midfielder in the league, this season he's bin asked to play left and right of a diamond and his game clearly isnt as good.

I could almost gurantee if we played Ireland off the strikers he'd show the same form as last season

lampard doesnt have to score 20 goals any more and he still is scoring but he does alot more than score. no way you can compare ireland to him im sorry

KingofDraw said:
M22_blu said:
This isnt true, people always say this about ireland but he's a quality player when played in his correct position.

I can think of 2 examples of players who have benifited from being played in there strongest positions. Rooney, last few years he was shifted about to accomdate ronaldo and his form was always patchy, this season he plays as the main striker and anyone can see he's probaly currently the best striker in the world. Another 1 lampard last few years as played off the main striker and bagged 20 goals a season, probaly the most dangerous central midfielder in the league, this season he's bin asked to play left and right of a diamond and his game clearly isnt as good.

I could almost gurantee if we played Ireland off the strikers he'd show the same form as last season

lampard doesnt have to score 20 goals any more and he still is scoring but he does alot more than score. no way you can compare ireland to him im sorry

for the last 5 years he's done it. This season is the first season is where he's really not bin as dangerous as he's playing a different role. I wasnt comapring them as players either, I just used him as an example of what class players can do for you if you play them in there strongest position

We could see a difference when RSC played he stayed central in the box or just outside. Everyone knew where to find him. Teves said he liked playing with him and Ireland knew where he was. Ade goes walk about trying to find the ball and throws the balance out.
A target man should stay central to bring others into play.

blue1969 said:
We could see a difference when RSC played he stayed central in the box or just outside. Everyone knew where to find him. Teves said he liked playing with him and Ireland knew where he was. Ade goes walk about trying to find the ball and throws the balance out.
A target man should stay central to bring others into play.

we sholuld part ways with ade and bring in another striker, never watched balotelli but if mancini wants him he is young so maybe he can mold him to be what we need..if we want to do a 4 3 1 2 formation..well also need 2 or 3 new midfielders

We simply can't play Barry and De Jong in the same team. Playing both stifles the creative and playmaking flair from players like Ireland. It might be (dare I say it) the Italian mentality showing through. I support Mancini as manager but being this negative is a bit of a problem. I'd like to see Barry get a rest tomorrow night, and for a 4-4-2 diamond to be used like this:

----------De Jong----------
SWP-----------------Petrov
----------Ireland-----------
---Adebayor---Tevez-------

With Tevez slightly behind Ade.

he is simply stunning at times - unbelievable player - i just think he needs to play in HIS position - he is the best in the club at it - and get a few games to let his confidence grow back - he looks a little dejected i think as he hasn't had a holiday and was working his balls off again all summer - he has had a bit of a rest now - so play him in his position and watch him go!!

i also have noticed that he hasnt been picked out by the other players after making those lung bursting runs - mainly by tevez and bellemy - not saying there is anything untoward going on - but i think it is because both tevez and bellemy when in those positions - being natural strikers, keep their head down and rely on instict - but sweep and robinho keep thier heads up and look for the best options.

brilliant player, just needs to get back on the horse !!! C'MON SUPERMAN !!!

I truly hope we see that Stephen Ireland again, just look at the smile on his face, he was really enjoying his football.

You don't see that smile so much now!

Superman will be back!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.