Stephen Ireland VS Ya Ya Toure

Kinky Dribbler said:
What an absolute load of utter shite.

1) They play in different positions so are incomparable.
2) Trying to use YoubastardingTube clips as undeniable proof that one is better than the other is nothing short of complete idiocy.
3) We're not even buying Yaya Touré.

makes you despair doesn't it?
lots of mongs thought bojinov was 'class' and a fuckin 'legend' because of them clips on youtube
i'm convinced half of these threads are born out of boredom

darrenwassall said:
Kinky Dribbler said:
What an absolute load of utter shite.

1) They play in different positions so are incomparable.
2) Trying to use YoubastardingTube clips as undeniable proof that one is better than the other is nothing short of complete idiocy.
3) We're not even buying Yaya Touré.

lots of mongs thought bojinov was 'class' and a fuckin 'legend' because of them clips on youtube

those 'clips on youtube' are footage of the player in action, they are not clips from "Fifa 10" or some football game.
its ridiculous how people slag off youtube when player higlights are shown as if the player NEVER did what he did in the video. Tell me, how else are we supposed to judge a player's ability? Read about it? That's just really stupid logic.

Furthermore, Ya Ya plays DM for Barcelona AND CM for Ivory Coast!

skybluekings said:
darrenwassall said:

those 'clips on youtube' are footage of the player in action, they are not clips from "Fifa 10" or some football game.
its ridiculous how people slag off youtube when player higlights are shown as if the player NEVER did what he did in the video. Tell me, how else are we supposed to judge a player's ability? Read about it? That's just really stupid logic.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XQNpO9Abv0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XQNpO9Abv0</a>

In that case, let's get this guy back, he looks good.

i cant believe some of the posts on this thread. stephen ireland plays killer balls every game. yes, i said BALLS. you may get a bit of magic out of yaya, but he is no ireland.

skybluekings said:
darrenwassall said:

judging a players ability off a fuckin 10second clip off youtube is stupid logic.
bojinov was one thing but what about that mexican(can't even remember his bastard name)that everyone round here claimed to know due to a 10second clip?
he was a bag of wank

darrenwassall said:
skybluekings said:

judging a players ability off a fuckin 10second clip off youtube is stupid logic.
bojinov was one thing but what about that mexican(can't even remember his bastard name)that everyone round here claimed to know due to a 10second clip?
he was a bag of wank
What was his name? Tiny bloke - they used to call Big Phil and him the horse and the jockey for a laugh.
He paid half his own transfer fee or something? What was he called? Its bugging me!!!!!!

skybluekings said:
After watching highlights from both players you have to admit that Ireland IS the better player.
Which begs the question as to why would we be in for Ya Ya because where would he play?

Ya Ya Toure
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXvcSz1-piQ[/youtube]

Stephen Ireland
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HRph2r9wqI[/youtube]

We have in midfield Ireland, Bary and De Jong. In a 4-4-2 we can only play 2 in the center and if Ya Ya was in that group it would mean that 2 from this group of 4 would not get games. 1 has to be DM and 1 has to be CM (creative midfielder).

Barry and De Jong would kick up a shit storm if on the sidelines.
Ya Ya won't leave a starting spot on Barcelona to sit on the City bench.
Ireland might be ok with it because he's a City man through and through and whatever helps us win is more important to him.

Ya Ya has been used as a DM in Barcelona but he's playing as a CM for Ivory Coast and from his highlights he is a really good creative midfielder too. But I still have to say that Ireland's vision is exceptional! A 4-4-2 formation or even 4-5-1 suit Ireland better as he is able to attack more, but the 4-3-3 seems to hold him back and maybe this is why we haven't seen the best of him this year.

If we are bringing Ya Ya in to play DM then why? De Jong has been outstanding! and Barry can play DM as he has done with the Ireland / Barry combo early in the season.

Yes we do need a CM but maybe we should go for a "young" "new" prospect who wouldn't mind being on the bench, eg like Bojan at Barcelona. He's just happy to be part of the team and he's very effective when he gets his chance.

2 on the bench from Barry, De Jong, Ireland and possibly Ya Ya in a World Cup year?
That's TROUBLE!

But it's the same for all the top teams. I agree that this year, there may not be enough games to go around (even if we get to both cup finals) but next year we'll hopefully be in Europe. Once that happens, we won't be any worse or better off than anyone else. Rotation is tricky for everyone but if a manager is good enough, he should be able to convince his players that a fair rotation policy is the only way to go these days. I think MH probably has what it takes in this regard.

mr t said:
darrenwassall said:
he was a bag of wank
What was his name? Tiny bloke - they used to call Big Phil and him the horse and the jockey for a laugh.

He paid half his own transfer fee or something? What was he called? Its bugging me!!!!!!

You mean Nery Castillo?

avoidconfusion said:
Yaya made Ireland and Barry look like little kids in the Barcelona derby to be honest.

Ireland was praised to high heaven after that match. Barcelona fans were amazed we had a player like that. Toure was yanked at halftime, probably premeditated but he wasn't the db's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.