Stephen Ireland

Wheelsy said:
1.618034 said:
Not sure about ground covered but check out his passing stats v Spurs... for 81 minutes of the game he made 5 passes, 3 successful in his own half and 2 unsuccessful in the opposing half.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chalkboards/8OoQah89h2A5Y8XG89pL?showallcomments=true#end-of-comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chal ... f-comments</a>
That's not quite right if you hover over the events... all of them are after 82mins...

Click on Petrov instead. 15/16 passes in 82 minutes... still fuck all though.

Ah. I take it back. Mis-read the substitution symbols. Sorry Stevie.

But the symbols inconsistent for his games as it shows a red triangle which usually means a player has been subbed. It does in other games anyway. And that's my story and I'm sticking to it! ;-p

TonyM said:
I'd have him back any day. IMO he will still be a phenomenal player. I feel sorry for him. He was kicked out, joined a lame duck team that don't really have a plan for him - he's demotivated imo.

Still not happy that Mancini kicked him out.

for f*cks sake.

I would hate to be up before you if you were a judge.... "err, well, I just can't see any evidence!"

TonyM said:
I'd have him back any day. IMO he will still be a phenomenal player. I feel sorry for him. He was kicked out, joined a lame duck team that don't really have a plan for him - he's demotivated imo.

Stevie will never be what is classed as a great player let alone what you mean by phenomenal.

Cheesy said:
TonyM said:

Stevie will never be what is classed as a great player let alone what you mean by phenomenal.

Hate to admit it (have his name on my shirt) but I think you're right Cheesy. When you think of some of the "great" players currently gracing the premiership like Silva, Fabregas,Bale, Nani, van de vaart, Essien, Nasri he comes up well short. His eccentric personality will always be his achilles heel. Its a shame because he had the potential at one time to be in this list.

At City he was on his a day a very good player by no way the finished product or a world class player he had the talent and his time with Elano and Robhino will always be remembered by most of us as it was at times the best attacking football when those 3 were passing and creating chances. I was surprised we let him go as he offers something different to the other midfielders apart from Silva. He just plays better with the more creative players.
Since the Villa move it has gone down hill a bit. Houlliers public ranting about his form seems strange but in this day and age those pro footballers cant take that type of treatment. You never hear any of the other managers come out and slate 2 of there players in public. I think Stevie needed a manager like O ' Neill than Houllier as he would of got more out of Stevie than Houllier. That Villa midfield looks way to young and I watched there match on Sunday and Stevie created some chances. Pires wont replace Stevie if anything Pires could well help Stevie out and give him a player to look up as Stevie will learn a lot from him. I dont think he is finished if it doesnt work out there someone else will take him on as his talent will always get clubs interested. Needs to focus more on football like he did back here when he was player of the year and dont beleive the hype your only as good as your last game.

TonyM said:

I don't think he should wear a City shirt again until he can find any consistency. He had one brilliant season and three indifferent ones. No room for passengers when Milner is more versatile and Silva more creative.

It's pretty obvious Ireland isn't very bright and lacks any real motivation to play Football. If Villa ship him out after 6 months then I think that speaks volumes. Watch him finish in the Championship.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
he's a one hit wonder who can barely get in the villa team ahead of kids.

I still to this day prefer Elano.

Elano is twice the player Stevie will ever be. Not having a dig at him in any sense other than he's just not that good.

Cheesy said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
he's a one hit wonder who can barely get in the villa team ahead of kids.

I still to this day prefer Elano.

Elano is twice the player Stevie will ever be. Not having a dig at him in any sense other than he's just not that good.

Mark Hughes's most fundamental error imo, Fulham fans have said the exact same thing that caused Elano to be got rid of.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.