Stephen Jordan

I really liked Jordan uncompromising defender real blue through and through, which we'd kept him

At the time we sold him I thought it was the right decision. My OP was that it looked like he has blossomed as a player and looked much more the finished article. I agree he had his weaknesses for us, but tonight he is playing against a prem proven winger and an England international and does not look out of his depth. Looks much better than Ball and he was his replacement

i was down there tonight with the boys as i was with chelsea away arsenal at home fulham at home , and have been all season , eevry round of cup oldham home bury away , burnley are my local team , and i only get on around 7 city games a year as not many people fancy coming on with me , dont know many other blues, anyway , start of season every wanted jordan out he was awfull, but recently he has been rreally confident and good on the ball whereas in the first quarter of the season if someone was running at him everyone would be like , oh god. now everyone really likes him at the turf.
plays week in week out , even when his confidence was down , coyle stuck by him , good manager a nobody from scotts league , to a good manager in championship he knows how to buy the decenct player, right for the team , kevin macdonald never heard of the lad before this season 500k from scottish league , brilliant only 19 , 6 ft 3, decent player 2 goals against arsenal at home. paterson got his 15th goal of season tonight 1.2m , eagles sorry to say ano he is a rag but at 1.5m he was a steel. brilliant signings , only been on 6 city home games this season , three of them travelled on my own and watched, every other match more a less watched on internet , havent posted on this forum in a long time, but still always have a peak on , i miss the likes of rascal an co. anyway bed time now , only just got in .

His attitude against Blackburn at home when we got beat 3-0 said it all to me, the way he just gave up was very unproffesional and he had to go after that. He is a big blue though so I wish him all the best at Burnley.

Chid said:
Watching Spuds v Burnley. i completely forgot about Stephen Jordan he is having a stormer against Lennon. Good defender, composed on the ball. looks a much more composed mature player than he was for us. Maybe if we had been a bit more patient could have been our regular left back now. thoughts?

Likewise, I though Jordan was excellent at left back last night, gave Lennon very little but not sure about him being a Premiership player. Given some of the performances by both Ball and Garrido in this position, for me this cup game was a kind of 'what might have been' for Stephen at City.

CelticBhoyCityBlue said:
Chid said:
Watching Spuds v Burnley. i completely forgot about Stephen Jordan he is having a stormer against Lennon. Good defender, composed on the ball. looks a much more composed mature player than he was for us. Maybe if we had been a bit more patient could have been our regular left back now. thoughts?

Likewise, I though Jordan was excellent at left back last night, gave Lennon very little but not sure about him being a Premiership player. Given some of the performances by both Ball and Garrido in this position, for me this cup game was a kind of 'what might have been' for Stephen at City.

Oh come off it! He had one good game! Don't get me wrong Jordan seemed like a nice lad but he was never in a million years good enough for City or the prem and he never will be

I liked Jordan but a couple of incidents stuck in my mind.The game against Blackburn where he appeared to give up...Love to ask him what ws on his mind that day.
Also at the Freezeblock one year with the Trotters kicking towards our end the lightning player that (isn't) Kevin Davies shot past him and murdered him for pace.I think the writing was on the wall from then on...

That said I remember a MOTM performance at The Swamp and thank him for that...

Is/was his nickname "The Toucan" ?

Good luck Steve anyway

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.